Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-09-2023, 03:59 AM   #16
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Neither Kevin or myself accept donations for our work on Sigil. So no. That might be a bit of a fib. An unnecessary one at that. The templates are his work. Charge (or don't) as he sees fit. *shrug*

There's a possibility that past contributors to Sigil's codebase can still receive donations for their work. That's fine if so.
As you say it is his work, and he is perfectly entitled to charge for it. Just don't use donating to Sigil as a hook to get people to buy, unless you in fact do that.

It's great if that actually takes place, but if not saying it does is just a scam.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:28 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I generally agree, but I'm not going to feel too bent about it. I don't know when the claim was first put on the website. For all I know, it was at a time when Sigil's "donate button" was actually still populated with PayPal links. They may still have direct PayPal links they're using--it's just not us. But yes... they probably should amend their website statement. The site owner did direct them here for help, so it's not like they're trying to fly under the radar or anything.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-09-2023 at 09:30 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:18 AM   #18
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
A gentle nudge might be in order.

Does not seem fair to me that the original creators might continue to be rewarded for all the work that you and Kevin put into developing Sigil.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:38 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't do any internet nudging of that sort. Others are free to if they feel so moved. Besides, the past contributors did put in some serious work. I doubt they're still getting any contributions from this guy/website for Sigil, but I wouldn't be chuffed about it even if they were.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote