Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-07-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
Gil_Bates
Gil_Bates began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio Touch Hd plus
Calibre 6.11 : Verification never ends

Since I installed the last Windoows Calibre version today,
I faced a strange problem which never occured before.

From the editor, everything works fine until I launch verification process to check the epub organization and syntax.

But the verification process never ends and seems frozen, with the circle turning at mouse icon. After a long long while, I had to stop the windows task.

Of course, before to write here, I checked my disk, and the epub archive, thinking there can be a problem outside of Calibre, but on disk and epub archive are ok.

What to do ? Should I uninstall Calibre 6.11 and turn back to 6.10 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Gil_Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean the Check Book function? Is it for one specific book or all books? If the former then open a bug report and attach the book if th elatter then likely something on your machine is interfering try rebooting in safe mode and see if the problem goes away, to test that theory.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:25 PM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Check Book is working ok for me on v6.11
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:04 AM   #4
Gil_Bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You mean the Check Book function? Is it for one specific book or all books? If the former then open a bug report and attach the book if th elatter then likely something on your machine is interfering try rebooting in safe mode and see if the problem goes away, to test that theory.
Thank you for your reply.
I mean this

Last edited by Gil_Bates; 01-11-2023 at 04:09 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:31 AM   #5
Gil_Bates

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your reply.
The check book process works fine most of the time, but time to time I had this problem. ( several times on first day I installed new version )
For example, absolutely no problem yesterday and I checked many times same book inside which I did plenty of changes.
Today, with another book, first check told "Unexpected missing generic font family" so I modified css by adding ", serif;" at the end of the font-family rule.
After that I ran a new check and it started an infinite process.

I had to stop the check work process task in windows.
I quitted Calibre normally.
Launched again Calibre,
and now I modified successly the same book line, and new check worked.

The epub seems ok. The check process too, but time to time ... it never ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-01-11 10_34_33-Calibre3.epub __.png
Views:	92
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	198943  

Last edited by Gil_Bates; 01-11-2023 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:19 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm without a way to reproduce the problem, its hard for me to debug. You can try running the editor from the windows console as

calibre-debug -t

see if anything gets printed t the console when it hangs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 02:06 AM   #7
Gil_Bates

Quote:
Hmm without a way to reproduce the problem, its hard for me to debug. You can try running the editor from the windows console as

calibre-debug -t

see if anything gets printed t the console when it hangs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning, first and mainly : "thanks so much for your support."

The good thing is that the neverending check problem didn't occur yesterday.
I tried to run calibre-debug -t but it stopped saying
"calibre-debug.exe: error: -t option requires 1 argument"

As I couldn't find any valid option to write after -t I finally ran
calibre-debug --edit-book
I opened several books, checked, corrected many errors checking again after each step if problem occurs, saved at each step. The never ending check didn't happen.
I will try again today.
Btw, I don't know where would have gone the debug datas if problem happened
Thanks a lot again.
Have a nice day

Tags
calibr_6.11, neverendingverification