Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 02:56 AM   #1
catusf
catusf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Poblems uploading a Kindle Dictionary to KDP

Hi guys
I'm not quite sure this is the right place to ask below questions, but please help.

I'm new to the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), and am struggling to upload an dictionary to the Kindle store.

The situation is this:

1. I take public domain dictionary data of bilingual language to/from Vietnamese, and want to publish dictionaries from it. Some pairs of languages (like Czech-Vietnamese, or Spanish-Vietnamese) having vey few existing dictionaries. Or people have to sideload them.
2. I make .mobi version of the dictionaries and they work fine in the Kindle ereaders without any issues
3. I use the same source files (opf, html), make some changes as required here Creating Dictionaries to create .epub dictionary so that I can upload to the store, and people can use it on their Kindle ereaders and apps
4. I test the .epub with Kindle Previewer: it works flawlessly
5. I upload the .epub to Bookself Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing: Self-publish your book to Amazon's Kindle Store. It fails every time I tried. And it does not say what the errors are.

So my questions are:

1. Is it feasible at all to publish an .epub dictionary to use in ereaders/apps at all?
2. If yes, any one succeeded at doing it? Please give advices

So many thanks friends
catusf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 01:21 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I replied to you over at KDP. We can continue that discussion here, or there, but I'd rather not do it in both places, thanks.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote