Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 12-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
kacy
kacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: IPad
Server does not display Goodreads Identifier

I am running Calibre server version 6.10 on MacOS Ventura. In my Calibre App, I have the Goodreads identifier that is clickable but when I access book details from the server, I do not see the Goodreads identifier.

Issue seems similar to this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329794, but do not know where to create rules for identifiers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 9.31.33 AM.png
Views:	90
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	198567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 9.33.28 AM.png
Views:	81
Size:	621.5 KB
ID:	198568  
kacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Maybe ??
Preferences:Sharing over the Net: Book list Template (a tab)
You may need to modify to taste (requires use of Calibre Template Language. there is documentation on the Calibre help site.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
kacy
kacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkacy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thank you, that is an interesting idea and I can add the identifies to the customize book list, but I'm not savvy enough to make the identifiers clickable.

The other identifiers are clickable and it use to work for Goodreads. I hoped it would start working again when I got a new computer and was able to get latest version of Calibre but no luck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 1.59.49 PM.png
Views:	72
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	198569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 2.01.03 PM.png
Views:	62
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	198570  
Old 12-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think that a raw {identifiers}, might not be enough. Identifiers are 2 part
keyword:type that the returns the value stored for that type
Code:
{identifiers:goodreads}, {identifiers:isbn}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
kacy

hmm, that syntax doesn't show up and neither does {identifiers:select(goodreads)} that I found in template language manual https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html
Old 12-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
kacy

I see that BetterRed was also having the same issue in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342976

And it seemed the issue was due to not having the Goodreads Plugin, I do have this plugin and I have just tried to remove and re-add to see if it would solve my issues but no luck.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:50 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacy View Post
I see that BetterRed was also having the same issue in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342976
Not quite:

Quote:
Can theducks or davidfor suggest why the Goodreads identifier is not showing up in Book Details? I have no idea, I normally throw that stuff away. The screenshot comes from my Test library.
I was merely adding my 2¢ to the discussion of @Mamaijee's issue.

Quote:
And it seemed the issue was due to not having the Goodreads Plugin, I do have this plugin and I have just tried to remove and re-add to see if it would solve my issues but no luck.
Do you try the template code suggested by @theducks

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:28 PM   #8
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
That's interesting, I hadn't noticed it before, as I only recently started using Calibre Content Server -- mostly because of the new feature that made it possible to do FTS queries from text selections in a web browser.

Just now I checked and saw that the CCS pages show only three of the seven identifiers shown in the main program Book Details pane. This is how I have them set up:

Server:

Name:	MWSnap1031 2022-12-24, 19_14_56.png
Views:	68
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	198573

Main program:

Name:	MWSnap1030 2022-12-24, 19_12_48.png
Views:	69
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	198571

Last edited by Comfy.n; 12-24-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:52 PM   #9
kacy

Thank you Comfy.n that was exactly what I was looking for.

Adding the rule for goodreads in Look & Feel - Book details - Create rule for identifiers into links solved my issue.
Old 12-24-2022, 05:56 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
That's interesting, I hadn't noticed it before, as I only recently started using Calibre Content Server -- mostly because of the new feature that made it possible to do FTS queries from text selections in a web browser.

Just now I checked and saw that the CCS pages show only three of the seven identifiers shown in the main program Book Details pane. This is how I have them set up:
I suspect you have to replicate what you have in Prefs->L&F->BD->Create rules for identifiers in the Prefs->Sharing over the 'net->Book list template tab.

Added: confirmed by @kacy

IMO: Identifiers is the 'messiest' part of calibre, but I am also surprised by the extent that users bother about them for books they already have (fan fic aside).

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-24-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Add quote
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 05:59 PM   #11
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Thank you Comfy.n that was exactly what I was looking for.

Adding the rule for goodreads in Look & Feel - Book details - Create rule for identifiers into links solved my issue.
you're welcome
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 06:05 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You shouldnt need to add a rule for it explicitly, as long as you have the goodreads metadata download plugin installed. This should fix that: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...37ee2909598ced
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 06:10 PM   #13
kacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect you have to replicate what you have in Prefs->L&F->BD->Create rules for identifiers in the Prefs->Sharing over the 'net->Book list template tab.

Added: confirmed by @kacy

IMO: Identifiers is the 'messiest' part of calibre, but I am also surprised by the extent that users bother about them for books they already have (fan fic aside).

BR
No it was not necessary, creating the rule fixed it in the description page where I was originally expecting it. Adding it to the book list template was just an attempted work around.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 5.06.32 PM.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	198578  
Old 12-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #14
kacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
I agree for the most part and the only reason I like goodreads linked is because after I have finished a book in my library, I like to add it to my read shelf and provide a review. The link ensures I am updating the same book in my library and not another edition.