Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-13-2022, 01:02 PM   #1
SlowReader23
SlowReader23 began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook
EPUB Cover Blurry in Apple Books

Hey everyone. I finally finished and uploaded my ebook, designed with Calibre. When I open it in Apple Books on my Mac, though, the cover image looks blurry, next to all the other ebooks I have downloaded in my computer.
When I click on it to go INTO the book, the image is clear there.
Is there a way to get rid of the blurriness on the main ebooks page in Books?

SlowReader23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:54 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Double posting is frowned up. Posting near identical messages in the calibre and epub forums is unlikely to get you a faster or better answer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:12 PM   #3
SlowReader23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Double posting is frowned up. Posting near identical messages in the calibre and epub forums is unlikely to get you a faster or better answer.
Thanks David! Brand new here, wasn’t sure which forum would be the correct one for the topic. Very much appreciate the feedback! (trying to figure out how to delete the other thread now)

Last edited by SlowReader23; 11-13-2022 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 06:51 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowReader23 View Post
Thanks David! Brand new here, wasn’t sure which forum would be the correct one for the topic. Very much appreciate the feedback! (trying to figure out how to delete the other thread now)
No way to delete the other thread other than asking a moderator. What's done is done, my message was more to avoid doing so in the future.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:53 PM   #5
SlowReader23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
No way to delete the other thread other than asking a moderator. What's done is done, my message was more to avoid doing so in the future.
Thank you. I messaged them as soon as you said it but still haven’t heard back.

Update: Problem has been solved!
Old 11-17-2022, 05:30 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Thank you. I messaged them as soon as you said it but still haven’t heard back.

Update: Problem has been solved!
What was the solution?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #7
SlowReader23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What was the solution?
The Cover art had be in PNG or JPEG format, RGB colorspace, and at least 1400 pixels on its shortest side. 1400 (width) × 1873 (height) pixels.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The Cover art had be in PNG or JPEG format, RGB colorspace, and at least 1400 pixels on its shortest side. 1400 (width) × 1873 (height) pixels.
What I do is use a size on the height of 1600px. That works on an iPad as well as a 300DPI eInk screen. What the width is, that depends on the aspect ratio to keep it correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 09:29 PM   #9
SlowReader23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I do is use a size on the height of 1600px. That works on an iPad as well as a 300DPI eInk screen. What the width is, that depends on the aspect ratio to keep it correct.
ah, nice. thank you!