Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Location marker on Kindle disappears

I've got my Kindle set to display %complete and location marker. From time to time (sometimes while I'm still reading the same book), these disappear from the foot of the screen. Any ideas why this might be happening & / or how to stop it?

Kindle is PW4 10th gen, JB & 5.13.6.

Thanks.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 01:50 PM   #2
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie W View Post
I've got my Kindle set to display %complete and location marker. From time to time (sometimes while I'm still reading the same book), these disappear from the foot of the screen. Any ideas why this might be happening & / or how to stop it?

Kindle is PW4 10th gen, JB & 5.13.6.

Thanks.
Those are touch activated. If you touch the bottom-left corner of the screen, it will cycle through time left in chapter, time left in book, position, page, or none.

You might have been touching that part accidentally. That happens to me quite a lot.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:58 PM   #3
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Those are touch activated. If you touch the bottom-left corner of the screen, it will cycle through time left in chapter, time left in book, position, page, or none.

You might have been touching that part accidentally. That happens to me quite a lot.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on my left hand in future.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 05:35 PM   #4
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post

As of fairly recent firmware they sometimes vanish on their own, and don't reappear until you leave and reenter the book (the bottom line remains permanently blank). A bug, no doubt...
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle pw4, locations