Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-19-2022, 03:37 AM   #1
PatrickMarq
PatrickMarq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Calibre content server and DeDRM

I can convert without any problems Kindle azw3 files on the command line with Calibre 6.X desktop.

Calibre 6.X desktop runs on another computer then my calibre content server.

I would like to convert these files on the content server without installing the Calibre desktop software.

I have tried to install the DeDRM tools on the content server with following command: calibre-customize --add DeDRM_plugin.zip
There was no error but the .config/calibre/plugins/ was empty. I have copied the files over from my desktop to the content server but still errors when converting.

1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI Input running
on /mnt/multimedia/text.azw3
Found KF8 MOBI of type 'standalone'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 45, in <module>
File "site.py", line 41, in main
File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 419, in main
File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1108, in run
File "calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 242, in __call__
File "calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/mobi_input.py", line 44, in convert
File "calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi8.py", line 85, in __call__
File "calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 162, in check_for_drm
calibre.ebooks.DRMError:

So is this possible to convert without installing the desktop version ?
PatrickMarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:57 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Judging from the log and the fact that the plugins folder is empty, it appears you didn't install the plugin at all. The log indicates that Calibre did not attempt to remove the DRM.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:58 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you install any plugins correctly the server will use them automatically. As for the dedrm plugin in particular, I have no idea, I dont use that plugin. Check that you are trying to add the actual plugin zip file not the wrapper zip file. And remember that dedrm has been superseded by nodrm
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:59 AM   #4
PatrickMarq
PatrickMarq began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have reinstalled the plugin again, and this time it seems to be installed:
Plugin added: DeDRM (10, 0, 3)

And the conversion works.
@kovidgoyal, I have used the correct plugin in GitHub its called nodrm / DeDRM

I have no idea what when wrong the first time
Thank you all
PatrickMarq is offline   Reply With Quote