Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2022, 08:02 AM   #1
alyshadeshae
Cat Mom
alyshadeshae began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Exclamation Setting "Title" from "Title Sort" in bulk.

Is there a way to set the title from the title sort?

I fried my hard drive and when my backup copies imported the series information was included in the title, as seen below.

I have almost 5,500 books with this issue and I'm really hoping that there is a way to set the title from the title sort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	title issue.png
Views:	90
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	196577  
alyshadeshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:23 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Use Metadata bulk search and replace. Select all the books you want to change, press 'E' to open the bulk metadata editor, click the Search and replace tab, then fill it in as shown by the screen capture.

To help with typing, the Search for field contains "(^.*$)" (no quotes) and the Replace with field contains "\1".

This might take a while because it will rename folders in your library.

Please have your library on a local disk, not a networked device. This is the kind of operation that triggers catastrophic failures on network devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	196578  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #3
alyshadeshae
Cat Mom
alyshadeshae began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Thank you so very much! I tested it on a handful and it worked perfectly, so I'm running it on the rest now!

I'll still have to go in and fix some to put the "the" and other articles at the beginning, but that will be so much more manageable! I hope you have the best possible day!
alyshadeshae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
title, title sort