Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-23-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
moth
moth began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis
License Limit Reached on docs?

Hello,
I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems.
I've recently gotten 2 docs on my kindle that popped up with the "License Limit reached" error. One was a book I must have downloaded years ago and the other was likely fan fic from ao3 based on the title, downloaded in the last couple of years.

I checked my Amazon account and removed all the old kindles / kindle apps, there were only 6 total, but I still can't access the 2 files. Also some of the older devices listed were deregistered or haven't been on for years.

I tried talking to their support which didn't really help. They said it's likely unsupported file types but I generally use email to send files to the kindle and normally files get rejected right away. Also I generally only download mobi / epubs.

If you get this error with too many devices does it usually go away if you remove some?
moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:03 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I have never experienced or seen mention of a download limit on personal documents.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:18 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by moth View Post
Hello,
I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems.
I've recently gotten 2 docs on my kindle that popped up with the "License Limit reached" error. One was a book I must have downloaded years ago and the other was likely fan fic from ao3 based on the title, downloaded in the last couple of years.

I checked my Amazon account and removed all the old kindles / kindle apps, there were only 6 total, but I still can't access the 2 files. Also some of the older devices listed were deregistered or haven't been on for years.

I tried talking to their support which didn't really help. They said it's likely unsupported file types but I generally use email to send files to the kindle and normally files get rejected right away. Also I generally only download mobi / epubs.

If you get this error with too many devices does it usually go away if you remove some?

It's not an error for many publishers are now restricting you to 5 devices or 6 devices. Mostly 5. I am not sure if the Author has a say so in it or not but yes remove a book from one device should allow you to download on the other

Last edited by HLS; 09-05-2022 at 08:21 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:59 PM   #4
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by moth View Post
Hello,
I doubt it has anything to do with the number of devices. I once had 6+ more devices registered when I was testing stuff and I didn't have any problem.

Have you tried removing the books on your Kindle and re-downloading them? They're probably just corrupted or something. You can also try downloading the two books using the Kindle app on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
It's not an error for many publishers are now restricting you to 5 devices or 6 devices. Mostly 5. I am not sure if the Author has a say so in it or not but yes remove a book from one device should allow you to download on the other
They're personal documents though, so I doubt it has anything to do with a publisher limiting the number of devices.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docs, license limit reached