Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 07-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre server issue on Debian 11.4 (Bullseye)

I'm having trouble running Calibre server on my Debian 11.4 Bullseye system. I've installed the official binaries using the instructions at https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

But when I start calibre-server I get this error:

Code:
Failed to import PyQt module: PyQt6.QtGui with error: libEGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 45, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 41, in main
  File "calibre/srv/standalone.py", line 227, in main
  File "calibre/srv/standalone.py", line 69, in __init__
  File "calibre/srv/handler.py", line 200, in __init__
  File "importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
  File "bypy-importer.py", line 279, in exec_module
  File "calibre/srv/ajax.py", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre/srv/content.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "calibre/ebooks/covers.py", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name 'QImage' from 'qt.core' (/opt/calibre/lib/calibre-extensions/python-lib.bypy.frozen/qt/core.pyc)
My first thought was to install the PyQt6 package, but there doesn't appear to be one available for Debian 11.4.

Any ideas?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are likely missing one the needed system libraries, see the notes at: https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:01 AM   #3
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara 2E, Tolino shine 5th Gen
Quote:
Failed to import PyQt module: PyQt6.QtGui with error: libEGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Try installing the libegl1 package.
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #4
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
Try installing the libegl1 package.
Installing that and the libopengl0 package fixed the issue.

Thanks both.

For reference, in case it helps anyone with a similar issue, this seems to have started with calibre v6.0.0. It had been working happily for over a year when this happened.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Installing that and the libopengl0 package fixed the issue.

Thanks both.

For reference, in case it helps anyone with a similar issue, this seems to have started with calibre v6.0.0. It had been working happily for over a year when this happened.
Calibre 6 is now using Qt6. New Qt new dependencies.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:26 AM   #6
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Calibre 6 is now using Qt6. New Qt new dependencies.
I hadn't realised that. I haven't been following calibre releases, the server updates itself automatically.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:58 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I hadn't realised that. I haven't been following calibre releases, the server updates itself automatically.
That is not a Calibre default mode.
This is a reason to distrust Auto-incorrect.
How hard is it to review the 'whats New' and run the update?
Server does not use plugins or those would be an Manual issue on top of everything else.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #8
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How hard is it to review the 'whats New' and run the update?
Server does not use plugins or those would be an Manual issue on top of everything else.
I was lazy Lesson learned.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:21 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I was lazy Lesson learned.
Call me old fashioned... Paranoid.... I want to KNOW what the dog and kids and Server are up to (I already know that I really don't want to know, what the Cat is doing ).

Most of the time, I update Calibre just to see what Kovid brings us as a new toy (and to be aware to help with possible issues, here on these forums).

Another thing to consider in your case (server only): That part of the package rarely changes, so updates that do happen are to fix edge case issues. The one case an update is needed if Kovid makes a DB structural change (the server must be able to use the DB you sent from your PC).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:28 AM   #10
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Another thing to consider in your case (server only): That part of the package rarely changes, so updates that do happen are to fix edge case issues. The one case an update is needed if Kovid makes a DB structural change (the server must be able to use the DB you sent from your PC).
That's useful to know, thanks.
Old 07-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Call me old fashioned... Paranoid.... I want to KNOW what the dog and kids and Server are up to (I already know that I really don't want to know, what the Cat is doing ).

Most of the time, I update Calibre just to see what Kovid brings us as a new toy (and to be aware to help with possible issues, here on these forums).

No cat (yeah). But I do want to know what the dog and wife are up to. As for auto-updates, I prefer Calibre updates the way they are done (manually). Then I can install if I want and when it's convenient to me.

For example, I'm not installing Calibre 6.0. But I will install the next release with the fixes in place.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote