Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #1
martianrock
martianrock began at the beginning.

Device: fbreader
Question How to restrict anonymous user access?

Hi, I am trying to restrict anonymous access to a specific tag or vl, my web search found --restrictions CLI option but it does not seem to be available in recent version of calibre-server. Is there alternative to --restrictions now?
tl;dr
I was planning (after reading about --restrictions option) to run 2 instances, one read-only no auth on port 80 restricted to tag:ready (i.e. 'ready' server) and another one with auth but unrestricted on default port 8080 ('staging/work in progress' server). And I was planning to run them both from the same library directory (with one of them being read-only I figured it wound not have write conflicts).
If that setup is not possible, would it be possible to have a sync script which would copy only stuff tagged with tag:ready or vl:ready to another library?
martianrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can define restrictions per user in the modern server. There arent restrictions for anonymous users.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
martianrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can define restrictions per user in the modern server. There arent restrictions for anonymous users.
That's unfortunate, I'd think anonymous users would require more restrictions than authenticated ones. Thanks for confirming it!
Is there by any chance a way to copy library and filter it out by tag in on server side (without calibre UI)?
Old 05-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
martianrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by martianrock View Post
That's unfortunate, I'd think anonymous users would require more restrictions than authenticated ones. Thanks for confirming it!
Is there by any chance a way to copy library and filter it out by tag in on server side (without calibre UI)?
I guess I can craft something with calibredb list --search filter and calibredb export. or filesystem copy and calibredb list --search followed by calibredb remove. But if there's a better solution, that'd be great to know.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant have both anonymous and non-anonymous access. If you want anonymous access, then simply create a special library and expose it. If you want authenticated access then define restirctions per user.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #6
martianrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cant have both anonymous and non-anonymous access. If you want anonymous access, then simply create a special library and expose it. If you want authenticated access then define restirctions per user.
That's what I am trying to achieve by having 2 separate libraries and copying from 'staging' library to 'prod' library with filtering by tags, so that only books with special tag are copied. I want to automate it via cron script or something like that so I'd only have to tag a book as 'ready' in my 'staging' (authenticated) instance on port 8080 and it would (eventually) end up in my anonymous and read-only instance on port 80.