Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-09-2021, 08:52 AM   #1
Lamama
Lamama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
AZW3 got automatically converted to DOCX file when sent to kindle?

Hi, has anyone encountered this problem before?

I'm using the latest version of Calibre and FanFicFare. So this morning, everything was working perfectly fine. Until in the afternoon, I reinstalled Calibre and FanFicFare for updates. And I got something I think it's a bug: every book I have use FanFicFare to download so far from wattpad, when they're converted to azw3 and sent to Kindle, got converted to DOCX type of file.

This has never happened before. Normally, azw3 books will show all the book options when you tap the three dots, but these books, though they're shown as azw3 on calibre, only shows "document" options when I tap the dots.

I used anti-virus softwares (like Malwarebytes) to check for virus and the result came in clean, no virus was detected. Was the software wrong? Or was it something wrong with my device? When I sent them under mobi formats, they appeared to be totally fine. IDK what's the matter with azw3 this time but this format seems to have too many problems for the convenience it provides while reading.
Lamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamama View Post
Hi, has anyone encountered this problem before?

I'm using the latest version of Calibre and FanFicFare. So this morning, everything was working perfectly fine. Until in the afternoon, I reinstalled Calibre and FanFicFare for updates. And I got something I think it's a bug: every book I have use FanFicFare to download so far from wattpad, when they're converted to azw3 and sent to Kindle, got converted to DOCX type of file.

This has never happened before. Normally, azw3 books will show all the book options when you tap the three dots, but these books, though they're shown as azw3 on calibre, only shows "document" options when I tap the dots.

I used anti-virus softwares (like Malwarebytes) to check for virus and the result came in clean, no virus was detected. Was the software wrong? Or was it something wrong with my device? When I sent them under mobi formats, they appeared to be totally fine. IDK what's the matter with azw3 this time but this format seems to have too many problems for the convenience it provides while reading.
As far as I am aware, azw3 is not a supported format for send to Kindle. You need to use mobi/azw or generated a dual format (mobi and azw3) in the same package.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
If you are sending directly to your Kindle from calibre via UBS then the format cannot be DOCX. Kindles do not handle that.

Are the books showing up as “personal documents”? If so that is a metadata issue.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote