Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
Mercenary
Mercenary began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Fire
Terrible PDF

Hello all!

I am new to reading on a device. My Kindle uses .epub files but I have recently got some books in pdf format and although I can open them, they look terrible. Is there something I can do to fix the situation? Is there a way to make it more readable or to change the format of my files from PDF to epub? Would that help clarity?
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Some questions:
- which Fire tablet do you have? (Settings, Device Options, About Fire Tablet) (note that Amazon has not called these ‘Kindle Fire’ devices for some years now)
- Fire (Kindle app) does NOT read ePub files unless you install an app that reads these - so it is unclear how you are doing this.
- How are you getting PDF files onto your Fire? (USB cable, opening from web page or cloud, etc.).
- How are you attempting to read the PDF? Kindle app will read them natively, I think there is or was also a document viewer but I have not used it for quite awhile.

Amazon AppStore has a number of free PDF apps but as I have no requirement to read PDF on my Fire tablet, I have no recommendations about which is best. I use my Fire to read Kindle books, and that is about it.

You can convert PDFs using a variety of tools but the result is not always very satisfactory, or at least, I have never achieved more than an ‘adequate’ result.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote