Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 11:10 AM   #1
ignosticism
ignosticism began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Help with html/css for responsive images/captions

Hi there, maybe someone has an idea how to fix this. I have a (wonky) but working solution for responsive images for different screen sizes in portrait landscape orientation. (See attachment image)

However after conversion to mobi, the outcome in my kindle paperwhite and kindle apps is not as desired (two images with two captions on one page in portrait mode) .

I have attached a small epub file with two html files A and B. Two approaches both don't work. I am not sure if I am using vh properties in a way that kindle doesn't recognize? If anyone has any idea how to fix this...you would make my day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	186272  
Attached Files
File Type: epub epub mobi mobileforum.epub (909.0 KB, 236 views)
ignosticism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:52 PM   #2
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
The desired behavior is to ensure 2-up in vertical orientation, correct? If so, sadly that won't be possible in all cases, and AFAIK vh basically doesn't work at all for ebook, and the viewport height is not targetable.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote