Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 12:24 AM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
ebook-viewer - current chapter not highlighted in TOC

I am reading epubs using ebook-viewer 3.48 (I'm on macOS High Sierra so can't run Calibre 4 or 5).

When looking at the TOC sidebar, some books show the current chapter I'm reading highlighted in bold/italic. Other books do not show the current chapter highlighted.

I know this must have something to do with how my epubs are constructed or formatted, but I can't figure out what it is. Thank you

ETA: Nevermind. I figured it out. It was the filepath using ../Text/chapter01.xhtml instead of chapter01.xhtml

Last edited by odamizu; 02-26-2021 at 02:21 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
In other words ...
  • Am I correct in thinking Calibre's ebook-viewer uses the NCX or NAV to display the Table of Contents in the sidebar?
  • If so, what in the NCX, NAV, or maybe OPF or individual chapter HTML files is used to determine what the current chapter is being read so that it gets highlighted in the sidebar TOC?
  • And if it's not the NCX or NAV that's being displayed, what is it?
Thank you

ETA: Nevermind. I figured it out. It was the filepath using ../Text/chapter01.xhtml instead of chapter01.xhtml

Last edited by odamizu; 02-26-2021 at 02:23 PM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote