Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 04:02 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_sherlocked View Post

Rant not directed at OP: It's so strange to see people complain about light-bleeding or dead pixels... Knowing fully well they would live with similar defects in printed books, dog-eared, misprinted, etc. I guess this has to do with the amount they paid for the device, and since it's so much more than any physical book, it somehow justifies their expectation of flawlessness.

Hmmm I don't think it strange. An error or defect in a printed book is just an error or defect in one printed book. Any defect on an ereader will be present and visible for every single book I read.

Also, a printed book doesn't have a frontlight, so the light bleed issue/complaint isn't really comparable (though it'd drive me crazy to see three or four bright spots to the side of every [paper] page)...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:38 AM   #17
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_sherlocked View Post
Rant not directed at OP: It's so strange to see people complain about light-bleeding or dead pixels... Knowing fully well they would live with similar defects in printed books, dog-eared, misprinted, etc. I guess this has to do with the amount they paid for the device, and since it's so much more than any physical book, it somehow justifies their expectation of flawlessness.
I my case you are wrong, I have read paper books with flaws, but, for example, a coffee stain would appear on one page. I have also bought paper books in pristine condition, read them with care, and they have still been in extremely good condition.
An ereader with light bleeding or dead pixels is like all my paper books with the same defect on every single page. I cannot tolerate that, if you can, well, good for you, but there is no reason to judge others.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:59 AM   #18
i_m_sherlocked
i_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanei_m_sherlocked makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Clara HD, ASUS Transformer Book T100TA
Yeah no kidding, sorry if I worded it harshly. Definitely a subjective matter. I guess I am in the minority in simply evaluating an ereader as a tool to render text for easy reading for my eyes. The tool's cosmetics -- 1/300 dead pixels, a few omnipresent bleeding light spots -- don't seem to affect me. It's part of the medium, not the message, which is what I personally care most about. Squeaky wheels (2 years plus and counting) get the grease... eventually/hopefully =\
i_m_sherlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #19
gnarlon
gnarlon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Necroing my own thread. Has anyone seen Clara HD replacement screens for sale? I believe it's part number ED060KH6. I haven't found one yet.
gnarlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:14 AM   #20
alepiva
alepiva began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Not cheap...but i found it here..

https://youla.ru/moskva/ehlektronika...a9ab92334f36d7

https://prom.ua/p1042491367-matritsa-ekran-displej.html
alepiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:54 AM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hmmm I don't think it strange. An error or defect in a printed book is just an error or defect in one printed book. Any defect on an ereader will be present and visible for every single book I read.

Also, a printed book doesn't have a frontlight, so the light bleed issue/complaint isn't really comparable (though it'd drive me crazy to see three or four bright spots to the side of every [paper] page)...

I'll go with your logic. I'm a book collector, and what you write makes a lot more sense to me.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:08 AM   #22
JVRN
JVRN began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; B&N NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlon View Post
Necroing my own thread. Has anyone seen Clara HD replacement screens for sale?
https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005001780276701.html
I'm not sure this seller is the best. There are others.
But most likely, you will have to change the power supply voltage of the screen. How and where this is done, I have not yet understood.
JVRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cracked screen, repair