Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #361
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, if you have Win7 and you want to run calibre with a device that 3.48 does not support, it's time to go Win10.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #362
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, if you have Win7 and you want to run calibre with a device that 3.48 does not support, it's time to go Win10.
or Linux (dual boot)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #363
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
Quote:
A while back Kovid mentioned a hack to get around that. It involves temporarily updating and grabbing pylib.zip to splice back into the older Calibre. Will try it if necessary. My Win7 machine is too perfect (and too customized shiny new) to mess with. I avoided Win10 on purpose! :-)

Last edited by Brett Merkey; 12-07-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #364
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Merkey View Post
A while back Kovid mentioned a hack to get around that. It involves temporarily updating and grabbing pylib.zip to splice back into the older Calibre. Will try it if necessary. My Win7 machine is too perfect (and too customized shiny new) to mess with. I avoided Win10 on purpose! :-)
And if you had gone Win10, it would be all sorted and you'd be running Calibew 4.x. You really do need to stop running an unsupported OS.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #365
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Merkey View Post
Anyone notice a problem with update? Sometime after the latest update, I noticed that ePubMerge was no longer on the Calibre menubar. I accessed Preferences to put it back on and found that ePubMerge was not available as a choice for the menubar or any other area.

The plug-in was in the list of user-installed plug-ins. I clicked on enable/disable and got this response:

Never seen anything like that before. Then I clicked on Customize and received this error:

After re-starting, no joy. Same response on clicking Customize. All very weird. I then uninstalled and reinstalled manually. Same responses all around. Any ideas?

There are no problems with ePubSplit. Still on the menubar, still in Preferences as a feature choice.
Sadly I am in the same boat, running an older calibre version due to an older OS not supporting the most recent, and ePubMerge no longer appears in the toolbar nor seems to be useable. In a bit of a quandary and trying to figure out my next move.

I do appreciate your post, Brett, as it at least tells me what the issue is.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #366
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@JaneD
Thanks, actually, for your confirmation that spooks are not haunting my Calibre.

With this confirmation, I think the least that should be done is re-set the plug-in's minimum requirement for Calibre version and/or prevent the auto-update feature of Calibre from updating the plug-in for versions less than 4.x.

Does anyone in this forum know if older versions of ePubMerge are available to downgrade?
Old 12-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #367
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I don't feel for anyone running Windows who will not update when Win10 is still a free update.

It's those who run OS X that I feel for as Apple is trying to end of life perfectly good machines. There is no way I would spend $2000 (or) on a MAC to eventuall not be able to install the latest OS even thought the hardware is capable of running it.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:39 PM   #368
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I'll look into trying it with Calibre 3.48(last v3) this week.

And yes, past releases of the plugin are available on GitHub.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #369
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead

Thanks for the link JimmXinu!
I uninstalled current (2.6), restarted Calibre, installed previous version (2.5) and there it was back on the menubar. Excellent.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #370
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Worked for me, too! Thanks very much, JimmXinu!
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #371
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I see the issue now.

I made changes to the epubmerge code for Python3 a while back, but never released them. One of those changes depends on a later version of six.py than Calibre v3 included.

Attached is a test version that addresses that issue and works for on Win10 with Portable Calibre v3.48.0. It also bumps the minimum Calibre version it will work with to v3.48.0, the last of the v3 series.

Let me know if this works better for v3 users.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-16-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 12-14-2019, 01:46 PM   #372
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

So, not to nag, but have any of the Calibre v3 users with problems before tried the test version in the last post?
Old 12-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #373
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.7.0 - 16 Dec 2019
- Copy six.ensure_binary for Calibre v3.
- Reduce debug output.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #374
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-12-17
- Changes for Python3.

FYI, Calibre on Python3 betas are now available.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-18-2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 12-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #375
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2019-12-17
- Changes for Python3.

Also increases minimum supported Calibre version to v3.48 v2.85.1.

Superseded

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-06-2020 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs