Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #151
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
Took the plunge and installed the new firmware on my KA1 LE! I like most things, except the use of bold sans-serif font.
Here is a short video showing some of the features when reading ebooks and manga:
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #152
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
The new 4.17 Freedom to Advanced Fonts Control patch is working fine on my Clara. This is the single most important patch for me. I mean -- the fonts are what I am READING.

I'll wait for the official patch release for some minor tweaks.

Wonderful! Thank you.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #153
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djazz View Post
Took the plunge and installed the new firmware on my KA1 LE! I like most things, except the use of bold sans-serif font.
Here is a short video showing some of the features when reading ebooks and manga:
good video thanks for doing it.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:42 PM   #154
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I have created a small hack to fix the import issue: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323083.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djazz View Post
Nice video. Now could you please show us 4.17.x with ePub instead of kepub? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #156
INova
INova began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch N905c
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I just made a new folder called "Books". Easy-peasy.
Where?
INova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #157
wingmongyee
Enthusiast
wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry, I prefer to say the things in a clear way. I have the process automated, so for me it's something I do with every FW (I don't usually wait for the official patches)
I had a quick look at the kobopatch thread but it looked a bit complicated. At least, I didn't see clear instructions on how to use it. I could probably work it out in the end but the official patch releases on the other hand are so easy to use... I guess I would find kobopatch as easy to use once I'd learn how to
wingmongyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:35 PM   #158
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have created a small hack to fix the import issue: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323083.
It's gorgeous

Patrick, thank you for the hack that corrects this ridiculous new change and in general for all your great work.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #159
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmongyee View Post
I had a quick look at the kobopatch thread but it looked a bit complicated. At least, I didn't see clear instructions on how to use it. I could probably work it out in the end but the official patch releases on the other hand are so easy to use... I guess I would find kobopatch as easy to use once I'd learn how to
Um, what exactly do you mean by that? All releases for almost the last year are kobopatch ones. The kobopatch thread is about kobopatch itself, not the patches. That's why it would look complicated. For the patches, you'll want to look at the patch threads or the request thread sticky.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #160
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
It's gorgeous

Patrick, thank you for the hack that corrects this ridiculous new change and in general for all your great work.
No problem!
Old 09-18-2019, 07:33 PM   #161
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Thanks, can I ask if I can just unzip everything and put it in the .kobo folder or in the root?
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:36 PM   #162
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Um, what exactly do you mean by that? All releases for almost the last year are kobopatch ones. The kobopatch thread is about kobopatch itself, not the patches. That's why it would look complicated. For the patches, you'll want to look at the patch threads or the request thread sticky.
In terms of grabbing the patches from GitHub and setting them up to actually do what they’re supposed to I can see how it’s going to be a bit confusing.

Especially versus snagging the assembled package when you finish them and release them. I imagine I could get through it with some stumbling but I can see other users here being totally lost.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:48 PM   #163
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
My Kobo Aura HD hasn't seen the OTA update. Is there a way to force it to?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #164
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
My Kobo Aura HD hasn't seen the OTA update. Is there a way to force it to?
affiliate.conf

[General]
affiliate=beta

You will always receive on time (among the first) the last FW
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #165
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I don’t even see the 4.16 version. Am still on the 4.15.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote