Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Notifications Options Not Sticking

I am trying to figure out why I never receive notifications of replies to subscribed threads. When I go to my User CP and check the subscribed treads section, they are all listed. I tried updating the notification type but that doesn't seem to work as I still don't get any notifications.

Any idea as to why it doesn't work?

Last edited by romad; 04-27-2019 at 01:23 PM.
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Verify your email address is correct? And that your email software isn't filtering it into the spam folder?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Verify your email address is correct? And that your email software isn't filtering it into the spam folder?
BTDT No T-Shirt. However, I did get your reply but this is a thread that I started so that may be why.

It may be that even though I subscribe to a thread and post there, unless I am the OP I won't get notifications. For example, I asked two questions in the same thread a couple of days apart. Replies were posted about two weeks later but I never received a notification for either of them; only when I came to the forums today did I see the replies.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #4
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Still not receiving post notifications. Is there anyone responsible for maintaining the forums and fixing these kind of problems?

My subscription notification setting is set for instant, but I'm NOT getting any notifications.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:27 AM   #5
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
Still not receiving post notifications. Is there anyone responsible for maintaining the forums and fixing these kind of problems?

My subscription notification setting is set for instant, but I'm NOT getting any notifications.
Well I just got an email about your latest response to the thread so I don't think it's an OP thing.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:17 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@romad - maybe your mail client, or mail service provider's spam filter intercepted them. I just sent you a PM, see if you get a notify for it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #7
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@romad - maybe your mail client, or mail service provider's spam filter intercepted them. I just sent you a PM, see if you get a notify for it.

BR
OK, I did receive notifications of this post and your PM, but I check my spam folders daily and nothing from MobileRead has shown up in them.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Are you seeing them in the User Control Panel? (user cp).
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #9
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

I saw the PM in the User CP.

The problem is I'm NOT receiving EMAIL notifications so I don't have to do a manual check every hour.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
I saw the PM in the User CP.

The problem is I'm NOT receiving EMAIL notifications so I don't have to do a manual check every hour.
What do you see in Quick Links->Subscribed Threads, apart from this thread?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2019 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
What do you see in Quick Links->Subscribed Threads, apart from this thread?

BR
That is where I determined that my notifications were set to "Instant".
Old 08-13-2019, 11:59 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I'm out of ideas
Old 08-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #13
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

Well, right now its working at least for THIS thread.

Tags
notifications