Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-29-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
SOLVED: HELP needed with a RegExp -series in title

UPDATE: SOLVED as of post #6.
I'm struggling to get the right combination and could use help here. I've looked an a number of threads on this and the "manual" or calibre, but I just cannot get the string combination correct.

I simply want to copy TEXT from this type of pattern to another field.
I just need the regular expression properly tweeked.

This is the title (This is the series 5)
This is the title ( This is the series 5)

I just need a string that gets only the alphabet characters in the parentheses to copy to another field while ignoring any numeric expression. In this case, that would be "This is the series" . Of course, the quotes are just for here and not involved in the actual outcome.

I'm aware of variations and caveats. I know how to deal with everything easily after that. I just need the proper string that will copy "This is the series" whether there is a space or not after the first "(".

Please help. As soon as I think I have some of these expressions down, something doesn't work out, and I just cannot figure it myself.

Thanks.

Last edited by jecilop; 03-29-2018 at 09:27 PM. Reason: grammar, update
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:04 PM   #2
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try
Code:
.*\( *([^\d]*?) *\d+ *\).*
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Thanks but it doesn't work.
I pasted it into the search field, but nothing results.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What do you have in the replace field?
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
jecilop
Addict

I have nothing typed in the Replace field.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
Sarmat89
Evangelist

You have to use \1 there to extract the matched text.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:21 PM   #7
jecilop
Addict

SUUUUHHHWEEEET! That did it.

THANK YOU!
Old 03-30-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
jecilop
Addict

@Sarmat89,

I tried something as a shortcut using this code and the \1 in the Replace field.
I used it also on a title that did NOT have any info in the parentheses.
Example 1) This is the title
2) This is the title ( This is the series 5)

This resulted in a the first listing using "This is the title" while the second listing used "This is the series" (the latter being the original intention.

I'm just curious if there is a way to make the code ONLY have a result IF there are ( ) present in the title such that listing one has no result.

I can isolate the listings with ( ) easily to do this, but I'm just wondering if that step can be eliminated.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #9
Sarmat89
Evangelist

I doubt it can be done.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #10
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
@Sarmat89,

I tried something as a shortcut using this code and the \1 in the Replace field.
I used it also on a title that did NOT have any info in the parentheses.
Example 1) This is the title
2) This is the title ( This is the series 5)

This resulted in a the first listing using "This is the title" while the second listing used "This is the series" (the latter being the original intention.

I'm just curious if there is a way to make the code ONLY have a result IF there are ( ) present in the title such that listing one has no result.

I can isolate the listings with ( ) easily to do this, but I'm just wondering if that step can be eliminated.

jecilop:

Yes, if you use the Job Spy toolbag of (currently) 46 tools for doing things like that to make using Calibre more effective and/or efficient and/or simple, or just if you want to have colors. See the 2 attachments below. The Auto-Add Books "Scrub Titles" tool came first, followed by the "Scrub Authors" tool.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...42118#poststop

DaltonST

n.b. After reading everything else, this post might be useful to you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_auto_add_scrub_titles_example.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	163193   Click image for larger version

Name:	js_auto_added_books_scrub_authors_customization.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	163194  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #11
jecilop
Addict

@DaltonST
Thanks. I will check this out. I didn't know about this plug-in. I will see what it can do for me. With this last post I've figured out how to automate with some assistance most of what I've needed (and gave up on). Now to conquer ( ) without numbers as in this post.

Tags
auto add, reg expressions, toolbag