Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
msw
msw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle for me?

I am thinking of buying a Kindle or a SONY 505, a question I have is can the newspapers you buy on Kindle be converted or viewed some how on a SONY 505? Are the file types compatible or can they be converted to ones that the SONY can read, I like the SONY a bit better, but the selection is better on the Kindle for the blogs and newspapers, I am new to this, APPRECIATE any guidance you can give me!
msw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You can't buy the Kindle newspapers without a Kindle.

Many Newspapers (and all blogs) have RSS feeds which Calibre (see its forum here) can assemble into a "newspaper" for you. Calibre can export to LRF, ePub or MOBI (so it supports most reading devices). Not all content is available via this method, but it is easy to try Calibre on any Desktop PC (Windows, Max, Linux) and it even comes with its own ebook viewer. If this is "good enough", it is completely free.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by msw View Post
I am thinking of buying a Kindle or a SONY 505, a question I have is can the newspapers you buy on Kindle be converted or viewed some how on a SONY 505? Are the file types compatible or can they be converted to ones that the SONY can read, I like the SONY a bit better, but the selection is better on the Kindle for the blogs and newspapers, I am new to this, APPRECIATE any guidance you can give me!

Hello, msw.....and welcome to MobileRead.

I'm sure your questions will be answered here shortly.

In the meantime, haunt the forums, look at all the free books uploaded for you, and jump in on any thread that interest you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can't buy any Kindle content without owning a Kindle.

There's a new Kindle rumoured to be available soon.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw View Post
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
No, you have to have a kindle to get kindle content. So get the kindle
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for all the good posts in the Kindle forum. New E-book buyer here and I am definitely going with the Kindle 2 (if it comes out tomorrow).
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #7
kahleeb
kahleeb began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
Thanks for all the good posts in the Kindle forum. New E-book buyer here and I am definitely going with the Kindle 2 (if it comes out tomorrow).
Don't forget the promotion to win a free Kindle 2 here at mobileread.com Forums.
kahleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
babygator
babygator began at the beginning.

just get the kindle and be done with it
babygator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, newbie, sony 505