Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #1111
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Although afaik the size and market are purely speculative at this point, right? (Though relatively plausible)
Yes, entirely speculative, hence my use of the phrase "reputed to be..." . All that's known for certain is the name (from its WiFi certification). Everything else is speculation based on the fact that the name is "Digital Paper M01", which makes it seem unlikely that it's, say, a laptop.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #1112
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I asked the Onyx support two months ago. They had written

Quote:
Hello X,

I do not think that it may happen earlier than in the beginning of the next year. But nevertheless we do our best to make this release as soon as possible.

Last edited by joblack; 10-10-2017 at 09:56 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #1113
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Hoping for an announcement this month. I think we might see something by the end of the year or January
I was told that Max 2 will be on show at Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 from Oct 11th to 15th. (Booth: H4.2-B95)

We'll see.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:50 AM   #1114
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
I was told that Max 2 will be on show at Frankfurt Book Fair 2017 from Oct 11th to 15th. (Booth: H4.2-B95)

We'll see.
That should be right now?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #1115
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

We'll see.
Sweet ! Hoping for a video and ooking forward to seeing it work as a monitor . I assume Onyx provided that info ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:30 AM   #1116
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Sweet ! Hoping for a video and ooking forward to seeing it work as a monitor . I assume Onyx provided that info ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2bc3c8628535e5dd713af7be7dc6a7efce1b62ba.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	159429   Click image for larger version

Name:	674e65f0f736afc37f866d04b819ebc4b64512cd.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	159430  
Old 10-13-2017, 03:00 AM   #1117
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The specifications are amazing. It seems to have everything many of us wanted.

I see the processor is a "quad 1.6GHz", EPD enabled... There is a chance it's the RK3188. Which, to my roughly computed expectations, should be twice to five time as fast the current Max devices, depending on situation.
With another factor: I think I noticed from perfornance stats that the later Android are more speed efficient than the earlier.

Last edited by mdp; 10-13-2017 at 03:03 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:29 AM   #1118
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
The specifications are amazing. It seems to have everything many of us wanted.

I see the processor is a "quad 1.6GHz", EPD enabled... There is a chance it's the RK3188. Which, to my roughly computed expectations, should be twice to five time as fast the current Max devices, depending on situation.
With another factor: I think I noticed from perfornance stats that the later Android are more speed efficient than the earlier.
I was told it's RK3188, but I'm not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	159431   Click image for larger version

Name:	c58a9ad6277f9e2f08ea55691430e924b999f3f1.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	159432  
Old 10-13-2017, 04:14 AM   #1119
onyxuser
onyxuser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Carta
Quote:
everything is great for me except capacitive touch It would be great if Onyx released 2 modifications of this device: with and without capacitive touch (for peoples like me). The greatest possible contrast of display is more important to me than capacitive touch.
onyxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #1120
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxuser View Post
everything is great for me except capacitive touch It would be great if Onyx released 2 modifications of this device: with and without capacitive touch (for peoples like me). The greatest possible contrast of display is more important to me than capacitive touch.
That's strongly subjective and unfixable in theory. When I first saw the jagged and uneven rendering on the Max Carta, I thought it was a defect. If by mistake I keep the device too close, I jump backwards and scream.

I probably need at least 300dpi on that kind of screen.

Is it possible that astrologically you have Venus in square?

Last edited by mdp; 10-13-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #1121
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxuser View Post
Yes, it'll release 2 models, max 2 (without capacitive touch ) and max 2 pro (with).

Old 10-13-2017, 04:39 AM   #1122
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It should be possible to use the device as PC monitor (second) second

The first version will be i.mx6 + 1G + 8G
Approximately six month later should be possible to offer Plus version with i.mx7dl + 2G + 16G/32G .. (we are still discussing to add dual touch screen functionality in the Plus)
After long two years the question is when Max 2 Pro will be available and the price.

Is it more likely it will be spring 2018 or Xmas 2017?

Same price as Max 1 and Max 1 gets lower price?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 AM   #1123
onyxuser
onyxuser began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Carta
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...nvas-e-readers
onyxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:58 AM   #1124
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
After long two years the question is when Max 2 Pro will be available and the price.

Is it more likely it will be spring 2018 or Xmas 2017?
We have a recent (yesterday?) post somewhere, along the lines of "hopefully at the beginning of the year".

EDIT: it was from joblack, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1112

Last edited by mdp; 10-16-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #1125
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...nvas-e-readers

New Onyx devices.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote