Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #76
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Really? In that case, my apologies for the wrong information.
It used to exist but has been withdrawn for a year or two.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:57 AM   #77
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
You could do, should you wish to do so.

Email the book to your Kindle's email address, then go to "Manage Your Kindle" and select "Transfer via USB" to get the resulting KF8 file, which you can then sideload to your Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
Good to know; thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Actually, that doesn't work. The option to transfer via USB isn't available for documents.

Shari
Quote:
Really? In that case, my apologies for the wrong information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
It used to exist but has been withdrawn for a year or two.

I have looked into this, and it does look like the service is still running on amazons site, but you have to do a bit of leg work.

You can put this into your browser:
Code:
http://cde-g7g.amazon.com/FionaCDEServiceEngine/FSDownloadContent?type=PDOC&key=<ASIN>&fsn=<Serial of your Kindle>&device_type=<device Type ID>&customerId=<Customer ID>&authPool=Amazon
To get most of those values, here is what I did.

Went to amazon and selected Manage Content and devices.

Choose to view my books.

Right click on the page, and choose inspect element.

Switch the inspector to the "Network" panel.

Select the book and from the expansion menu choose "Download &transfer via USB"

Select my kindle from the dropdown and hit "Download"

The network inspector will show me all the web urls my pc tries to hit, and I can get the second to last request which looks like this ( values changed to protect me )

Code:
http://cde-g7g.amazon.com/FionaCDEServiceEngine/FSDownloadContent?type=EBOK&key=BOOK00004&fsn=G090G100000000000&device_type=A##########&customerId=A2##########&authPool=Amazon[/url]
Once I had my "key", " fsn", "device_type", and "customerId", I can move to the next part.

In the neteork pane I hit clear

On web page switch to documents.

The first couple entries in the network pane will look like:

"ref=myx_ajax"

You can select each of those and make sure the network view is showing the "response" section.

You can look in those for the personal document you are looking for. What you need to find is the "asin" of the personal doc. It will be very long, like this.

ABCBABAB12313133ASDJAKSDJ123123AS

Plug all those values into that URL I put at the top, and paste that into the address bar of your browser.

There is probably a much easier way to do this, but IDK.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #78
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
I've read elsewhere (but haven't personally verified) that the "renaming an ePub to ZIP" method only works if the ePub (ie the ZIP file) contains fewer than about 25 source files. If there are more than that, the conversion will apparently fail.

As I say, this is something I haven't personally tested.
I got around testing and this is true with a return email to explain

A problem with your document(s) sent to my HDX@kindle.com

The following document(s), sent at 08:15 PM on Mon, Aug 07, 2017 GMT could not be delivered to the Kindle you specified:
* mimetype
* Chapter-01.xhtml
* Chapter-02.xhtml
* Chapter-03.xhtml
{. . . }
* Chapter-14.xhtml
* content.opf
* cover.jpeg
* Dedication.xhtml
* fonts.css
* FrontMatter.xhtml
* Notes.xhtml
* page_styles.css
* PostScript.xhtml
* stylesheet.css
* titlepage.xhtml.

This is because the number of personal documents(before compression if zipped) in the email you sent exceeded the permissible limit of 25 personal documents.
===

However, it works fine if I rename to TXT, indeed the three embedded fonts appear directly without calling for 'Publisher font'

The ePub is here if anyone wants to try

http://www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/index.html
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:23 AM   #79
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I tried the original method with the original author not mentioned "convert" in the email subject line and it still works so Amazon has apparently not changed their translation software or added a additional check. For emailing to my Kindle Voyage I received a AZW3 file and a folder containing a small .SDR file in it. I note that the AZW3 file is only about 1/3 the size of the original EPUB file. Arrived files show my email address as the author in both Grid and List book views.

One of the two converted files had the title page print greatly oversize and spread over multiple pages but the other was OK. 10 font choices shown with 5 bolding levels and 14 font sizes on my Voyage with the currently latest firmware on the one book file I opened and checked. The original cover is in the file but does not show up in the grid view.

Last edited by Richwood; 11-28-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #80
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Now getting about 50% through one of the converted book files, reading on a Kindle Voyage, and the converted text seems to be perfect. No noted problems with it other than the items originally noted above.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote