Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Liisssaa
Liisssaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
AZW3 to MOBI

Hii

I'm having trouble with converting a book. I bought a book a few days ago from amazon. I downloaded it to my computer as a AZW3 file. I converted it with calibre to MOBI like I've done many times before. After converting the file, I send the mobi file to my kindle paperwhite using email.

Now comes the issue, something I've never had before, but the mobi file reads all weird on my kindle. It only shows a few sentences on the screen instead of the whole page. All the content and chapters are there though. It just shows up weird.

Can someone help me out.
Liisssaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am guessing that the .azw3 file consists primarily of images which is why you cannot do a sensible conversion.

Why convert it? Most kindles can quite happily handle the .azw3 format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I am guessing that the .azw3 file consists primarily of images which is why you cannot do a sensible conversion.

Why convert it? Most kindles can quite happily handle the .azw3 format.
He wanted to email it.
But since it is an Amazon book, why not just have the Kindle grab it from them (and he will probably get AZW3 )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is likely a fixed layout azw3. THese are not convertible to other formats by calibre (they are like PDF files).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #5
Liisssaa
Liisssaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks, yeah I wanted to email it to my kindle as i've done many times before so it creates a back up on the document section on my kindle account. And since you can't email a azw3 file to you're kindle or some reason I had to convert it.
Liisssaa is offline   Reply With Quote