Notices

Old 05-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
Gryzor
Enthusiast
Gryzor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Screensaver with Kindle?

Hello there!

Using KOReader through KUAL on my Voyage. koreader-nightly-20170430, and latest Kindle FW (don't remember the exact version, rats; it's the one that came out a few weeks back).

So my question is: since the Kindle Screensaver hack doesn't seem to work with KOReader, is the KOR's screensaver options supposed to work on Kindles? Because it does nothing on mine...

Thanks!
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The screensaver is only supposed to work on Kindles without special offers. Does that help?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Mine is such, but still no soap... do I need to check anything else?

Thanks for the reply
Old 05-09-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Well, I don't know what you mean by "screensaver hack" exactly. If it's something Kindle-related it might not work. However, you should be able to enable KOReader's screensaver from the settings menu (the gear icon).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:30 AM   #5
Gryzor
Enthusiast

The Screensaver Hack is indeed a hack for Kindles that pulls the image from the currently/last read book and uses it as a screensaver. It works fine (most of the times) for the Kindle reader but it can't 'communicate' with KOReader to use whatever books you're reading in it.

So I turned to the relevant option in KOReader, but nothing happens when I select that option in the menu - I'll try uninstalling the Screensaver Hack (even though it's disabled) to see if that helps.