Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #796
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
A new thread for a new generation Max.
Could be mistaken, but I believe he was referring to suggestions for future updates to the first generation Max.

Glad to see that they are actively continuing to update the Max. Just wish customs officials would hurry up and release mine so that I can get to play with it and perhaps offer some suggestions. So frustrating to know that it is being held in a warehouse just an hour's drive away and has been sitting there for the last several days. Hopefully, this week will see it delivered.

As for a thread about features which you would like to see in the next generation Max, you could always start one...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 AM   #797
dmar192
dmar192 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx n96
Booxter, in the new update can the notebook lines be smaller perhaps 22? 20 still seems a little to big. Also, is there a way to export notes and notated pdfs to google drive or something?
dmar192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #798
dmar192
dmar192 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx n96
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2sail14 View Post
Hello, all.

1.) What's been your experience using the Amazon Kindle app on the Max? It seems that the app works, but is is buggy? Is it as easy as reading on an Amazon Kindle?

!
Amazon kindle app works fine if you turn on A2. This disables the animations so you can browse through your carousel smoothly.
dmar192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #799
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmar192 View Post
Booxter, in the new update can the notebook lines be smaller perhaps 22? 20 still seems a little to big. Also, is there a way to export notes and notated pdfs to google drive or something?
On this regard, it would be nice to also have a normal sized gridded page, with a 5 mm grid as in normal notebooks. The one that is there now is huge and almost useless for me.
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:32 AM   #800
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Some new ideas for future updates would be also very appreciated
Great!!

1. Could you make neoreader 2.0 into a regular android app with an icon and everything? Currently it can't be launched from other launchers, and can't be seen in "recent apps".

2. Could you make the background behind a PDF noticeable? Maybe a line or grey background? Currently when you write a note close to the edge of the pdf, suddenly the pen stops working, because you are writing on the background.

3. It would be great if you could chose whether the note app runs full screen or not. Currently you can chose this for all apps from the launcher, except for note.

4. In my opinion the lined background in the Note app is to black and strong. It would be great to have thinner lines and/or grey lines.

5. Many apps in the play store don't allow installation on the Max. It would be great if this was corrected.

6. It is currently almost impossible to add annotations on a PDF at the very top and the very bottom. The reason is that bars cover the top and bottom when annotations are added, and it isn't possible to zoom out beyond the size of a page. It would be great if the bars were thinner, maybe there was only one bar (and maybe that bar moved top to bottom depending were you write).
BTW: the way to write on the top and bottom is to write by pressing the pen button while the bars are hidden.

7. The eraser on top of the pen doesn't work very well. If instead you select the eraser tool, and then use the front of the pen, erasing is much more reliable. I don't think this is a hardware problem. Is it possible to make the eraser work more reliable - i.e. that you just have to move the eraser once over a line to erase it.

8. This we already discussed: In note, it would be great to have copy/paste of notes, moving parts around, inserting empty space between lines.

9. In Neoreader it would be great to be able to insert empty pages for notes.

10. I actually think instead of trying to write a note app that includes all current and future features that other apps have and will have in the future, maybe try to contact apps such as squid (and xodo?) to help them getting to work on the max.

11. I'm already quite tired of the images shown at power off. Can this be controlled? I'd like to put there my own pictures or PDFs.

12. The keyboard is too slow. (Compare, for example, to hacker's keyboard, which works faster.) I'm not sure if every key needs to light up (mostly I outpace the keyboard update speed anyway so I see keys light up that I hit five letters ago). I'd make the keyboard as fast as possible.

13. I think one of the most important app to get working well is (sadly) kindle. Can you do anything to make it work better? Or have the latest kindle app work?
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #801
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
suggestions
Thanks a lot for ideas!
Some of those ideas are already in work (7-9).
Some ideas sound good for me and I will set them on the task list.

Concerning Kindle app - Amazon has developed this app for tablet PCs with regular screens. Therefore it is really hard to get the app working perfect on Eink devices. Unfortunately Amazon is not going to cooperate with us (or other brands) in order to improve the app. The only way to do it is to keep pressing them with such enquiries directly hoping they will listen.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #802
Shadz
Shadz began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX MAX
Hello,

I'd like to buy Onyx Boox Max on ereader-store.de, but i have only one question.

Is this year, a new model is coming out like Onyx Boox Max 2 with higlight ?

Last edited by Shadz; 03-09-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Shadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #803
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadz View Post
Hello,

I'd like to buy Onyx Boox Max on ereader-store.de, but i have only one question.

I newer version with slightly higher resolution is planned but as I know Onyx it will be released at the earlist next year.

Probably no front light because for that screen size it's very hard to create an even light area.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #804
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadz View Post
Hello,

In a couple of months Onyx is going to start production of Max Carta (same Max but with higher resolution Carta screen). Onyx Max 2 is in work and is expected later this year.
By this size of the screen front light is hardly to expect. It is almost impossible to offer evenly spread light.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #805
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
I presume Onyx is going to release new 13.3 inch dual touch with higher resolution and newer android this summer.
Competitors too.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #806
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
By this size of the screen front light is hardly to expect. It is almost impossible to offer evenly spread light.
Have they done any testing? How bad was it? I guess the middle square doesn't get covered.

Digital artist found dead in home. Details sketchy.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #807
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
In a couple of months Onyx is going to start production of Max Carta (same Max but with higher resolution Carta screen). Onyx Max 2 is in work and is expected later this year.
How about the weight? I prefer higher resolution/dual touch/lighter weight (like SONY DTPS1)/android 4.4. That is my dream device
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:34 AM   #808
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Will Max Carta have a faster processor?
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #809
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Will Max Carta have a faster processor?
Dual i.MX7 processor, 2GB RAM, newer version of Android and dual touch.
Night and day compared to what is now.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #810
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Dual i.MX7 processor, 2GB RAM, newer version of Android and dual touch.
Night and day compared to what is now.
I understood that it would be Max 2
Booxtor said:"Max Carta (same Max but with higher resolution Carta screen)"
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote