Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #526
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Tantor Media -- Monthly Offer -- exp 31 Mar

FREE -- Timeless Tales of Beatrix Potter -- Beatrix Potter/ K Kellgren --> 3.5 hrs --> children

Note: this is a repeat offer.
KyBunnies, you may want to play this story to your little bunnies.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #527
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I see that Audible narrations that were INCLUDED for free with KU ebooks have disappeared from my Audible now that the ebooks are returned. But I'm not sure if I've ever paid money for a WfV deal for any KU book. I would HOPE if you pay money, you get to keep it.
I would hope so, too.

But, I've learned that digital books and audio get to play by different rules from their analog cousins. For example, with a physical book, when you buy it, you own it and can keep it forever (well, until you expire (die), anyway); with a digital book, when you buy it, you don't really own it, you just own a license. You can get jerked around--B&N is a prime example of one of the jerkers.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:07 PM   #528
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I would hope so, too.

But, I've learned that digital books and audio get to play by different rules from their analog cousins. For example, with a physical book, when you buy it, you own it and can keep it forever (well, until you expire (die), anyway); with a digital book, when you buy it, you don't really own it, you just own a license. You can get jerked around--B&N is a prime example of one of the jerkers.
The terms of the license are usually clearly spelled out. I've not seen any indication of different terms for WfV purchases made available by a KU loan, but I also haven't looked very hard.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:26 PM   #529
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I see that Audible narrations that were INCLUDED for free with KU ebooks have disappeared from my Audible now that the ebooks are returned. But I'm not sure if I've ever paid money for a WfV deal for any KU book. I would HOPE if you pay money, you get to keep it.
If you buy it, you get to keep it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #530
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
KyBunnies, you may want to play this story to your little bunnies.
lol Thanks. BrownieBoy prefers Kid Rock and some of the others prefer country. I will see if they like this.
Save
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #531
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$6.98 WS Deal on an Ebook about a Very Intriguing Woman of the Mid 20th Century.

I'm still having difficulty finding Whispersync deals that I consider bargains. I'm so cheap, that I don't consider $6.98 a bargain for even a Whispersync deal, even though it's much less than the "Deal of the Month" this month that Downpour touts, at $11.16 (Ack!), and the Audible audio on this particular title below ($29.95 (4.3x more expensive than the Whispersync deal!)), with neither one of which you get the ebook thrown in free, either, as you do with the Whispersync deal. Maybe I just need to get over it.

I thought that I had a pretty well-rounded education, but I confess that I don't ever remember hearing about the woman who is the subject of this book. Could be, in part, because she lived a couple of generations before me. But it sounds like she led a very intriguing life in her day. She certainly could have been a "name dropper" then--knowing J.F.K., Hitler, J. Edgar Hoover (well, at least he knew her), and who knows who else.

Readers seem to love the book. Although there aren't a terribly large number of ratings (yet), there is an adequate number to get a valid average figure, and that average is through the roof! And the ebook is a #2 or #3 seller in three Kindle store categories! I bet that it's a really great listen (and/or read).

Title: Inga: Kennedy's Great Love, Hitler's Perfect Beauty, and J. Edgar Hoover's Prime Suspect.
Genre: Non-Fiction (Biography).
Author(s): Scott Farris.
Price: $6.98 ($1.99 ebook (marked down) + $4.99 Whispersync audio).
Regular Price of Audio, by Itself, at Audible: $29.95 (1 credit).
Ebook Rating/Number of Reviews: 4.9 stars/18 reviews (Amazon); 4.33 (15) (GoodReads).
Audio Rating/Number of Ratings: 5.0/1 rating.
Pages/Audio Length: 488/12 hours and 38 minutes.
Narrator(s): Scott Farris.
Audible URL: http://www.audible.com/pd/Bios-Memoi...ok/B01LXRKLFG/.
Amazon URL (you can get the whole Whispersync deal here): https://www.amazon.com/Inga-Kennedys.../dp/B01LKBW8D4.
Comments:
Book Description (Amazon):
Inga Arvad was the great love of President John F. Kennedy’s life, and also Adolf Hitler’s special guest at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. She was an actress, a foreign correspondent, a popular Washington columnist, an explorer who lived among a tribe of headhunters, one of Hollywood’s most influential gossip columnists, and a suspected Nazi spy. The latter nearly got Kennedy cashiered out of the Navy, but instead set in motion the chain of events that led to him becoming a war hero.

Inga lived where gossip intersects with history, and her story, as told by author Scott Farris in
Inga, is a rollicking story that demonstrates how private lives influence public events. It is also a Hitchcockian tale of how difficult it can be to prove innocence when unjustly accused, and how, as Inga phrased it, what was once a halo can slip down and become a hangman’s noose.

In addition to her romance with Kennedy and the attention of Hitler, Arvad married three times — to an Egyptian diplomat who insisted they never had divorced, the brilliant filmmaker Paul Fejos whom Charlie Chaplin considered a genius, and the famed cowboy movie star Tim McCoy. She also had affairs with noted surgeon Dr. William Cahan, the prolific writer John Gunther, and Winston’s Churchill’s right hand man, Baron Robert Boothby. She was pursued by Wall Street financier Bernard Baruch, and Swedish industrialist Axel Wenner-Gren, reputedly the richest man in the world at the time, offered her $1 million to have his child.

Inga was Miss Denmark of 1931, but by all accounts her admirers among the European and American elite loved Inga not for her physical beauty alone, but for her joie de vivre. She was a genius with people, she was daring and adventurous, and she was their equal in intellect. Like Isak Dinesen and Clare Boothe Luce, Inga Arvad led a life that both sheds light on and defies the stereotypes of women of her time.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-01-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #532
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Yes, when you have KU you can buy the WSV companion audio book, and you keep it forever. I just bought 6 or 7 of them yesterday, and then immediately returned the KU books. (Hopefully that won't get me in trouble!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #533
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Penguin Random House Free Offers --> Mar 2017

Note: these free offers are subject to change without notice

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-20-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #534
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
If you borrow the ebook and audiobook through KU both are returned together. You are giving the option to buy all the audiobooks in KU for a steep discount when you borrow the ebook.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #535
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 02 Mar
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM   #536
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 02 Mar
Old 03-02-2017, 05:51 AM   #537
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 02 Mar
Old 03-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #538
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour Sale -- exp 31 Mar

SALE -- Women's History Month (20 titles)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-02-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #539
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
If the Audible is free with the KU book, you lose the audio when you return the KU book. However, if you have to pay for the Audible, but at a WhisperSync price, you still have the Audible. I've done this on a couple, and still have the Audible books in my library.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #540
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 03 Mar