Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 03:24 AM   #1
Samwise210
Samwise210 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 1
Android App that can translate English to Arabic

I'm trying to set up a Galaxy Note 1 with an ebook reader to help a Syrian refugee shape up his knowledge of English. To do this, I need an app with translate functionality that works with an English to Arabic dictionary.

At this point, I'm just about at my wit's end. The Kindle app doesn't want to display Arabic text in the PRC dictionary I found, the Kobo app doesn't allow custom dictionaries, I can't find a StarDict English to Arabic Dictionary, or anything else that will work.

Can anyone give me some advice, or different avenues to look down?
Samwise210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:18 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise210 View Post
I'm trying to set up a Galaxy Note 1 with an ebook reader to help a Syrian refugee shape up his knowledge of English. To do this, I need an app with translate functionality that works with an English to Arabic dictionary.

At this point, I'm just about at my wit's end. The Kindle app doesn't want to display Arabic text in the PRC dictionary I found, the Kobo app doesn't allow custom dictionaries, I can't find a StarDict English to Arabic Dictionary, or anything else that will work.

Can anyone give me some advice, or different avenues to look down?
Try coolreader it supports (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary) I am not sure about Arabic though.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, arabic, dictionary, translate