Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-19-2016, 04:31 AM   #1
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Koreader on iOS

I really enjoy using Koreader on my Kobo for PDFs and was wondering if there is the possibility that you would port it to iOS as there is nothing comparable on there? I see there's and Android build so maybe there's hope for iOS...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not what you were asking, I know, but have you tried "GoodReader"? I've used it for years as an iOS PDF reader, and it's a superb app.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not what you were asking, I know, but have you tried "GoodReader"? I've used it for years as an iOS PDF reader, and it's a superb app.
Thanks! I have and am currently using PDF Expert, which does in fact support reflow, just not in a very great way since it is based on text-extraction unlike Koreader, which rearranges pages according to screen size (it actually retains the original pages, only makes them look different). This makes scanned PDFs (with or without OCR) much better to read and on top of that, Koreader allows highlighting, which is a good thing in combination with its Evernote export function.
There is Foxit Reader for iOS which handles reflow similar to Koreader but lacks highlighting, so I might switch to that on my phone, unless (and that is why I was asking) there is the intention to port Koreader to iOS (shouldn't even necessarily have to go on the App Store, there's the possibility of side loading now in combination with Xcode)...
So if there's anything in the works, please let me know! Thank you!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You could raise the issue over at the project on Github, but it could be an issue of proprietary Apple restrictions. To do a port, you need a tool chain that is built to work with the hardware. Most chip makers want other companies to build products using their chips, so they provide the tools (SDK and others) to do so. Apple not so much.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-24-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I also vaguely remember there being an Apple limitation forbidding usage of JIT stuff on iOS, which would basically render the whole question moot, since we pretty much *need* LuaJIT to actually use its JIT engine, and not a slow-ass fallback.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:11 AM   #6
johnnyb
Cloud Reader

Ok, well that sounds like it's not going to happen, pity... I'm really not very code-savy so I have no idea where I would even begin to look...
Thanks for the feedback!