Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
noap_
noap_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Not able to change fonts

I'm just bought my next ebook (epub). Sent it to my Kobo using Calibre. Opened it in Koreader and tried to change the font to Noto Serif, but nothing happens. No matter what font I choose, it doesn't change. Status message says something like "Redrawing font to Noto Serif" (or whatever font I choose).

Any ideas? Didn't have that problem with my last ebook.
noap_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Not all epubs are the same in this regard. Fortunately, KOReader has settings to work around the formatting and fonts that the publisher applies to their ebook. While they can use formatting commands to prevent their settings from being changed, Koreader can ignore or remove the style sheet settings in the ebook. Then even books that try to prevent such changes can be changed by the KOReader settings.

The first to try is the "Embedded style" option under the bottom reader menu gear icon/tab. If turning that off doesn't let you change the font, you can try the "Set render style" > "clear all external styles" option. You might have to reload the book or restart KOReader to see the effect of the changes you make. For fonts, I have had to change the size to see the change, sometimes.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 AM   #3
noap_
noap_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you very much Ken! Turning off the embedded style helped.
As always, your help is much appreciated!
noap_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:15 PM   #4
jnrnew
jnrnew began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I have downloaded a book and when I open it the written words are so small a cannot read them. When I tap the middle of my kobo to bring up the size and fonts they do not appear on my screen.it is as if they are hidden, How do I get them back?
Help anyone?
jnrnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnrnew View Post
I have downloaded a book and when I open it the written words are so small a cannot read them. When I tap the middle of my kobo to bring up the size and fonts they do not appear on my screen.it is as if they are hidden, How do I get them back?
Help anyone?
Are you talking about while using KOReader? In the KOReader reader menus, you would tap the top of the screen to bring up the menus and with the first icon/tab selected, you should also get the bottom reader menu.

The fonts are selected in a top menu and the text size is one of the bottom ones.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote