Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #511
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 3 (dead); Nook ST (dead); Sony PRS-T1; Onyx i86+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicabum View Post
I've bought my dictionary directly in Lingvo app, because I wanted to use professional dictionaries (CompactVerlag, Collins etc) The files of the dictionaries are stored in "ABBYY > Lingvo > Dictionaries" folder. GoldenDict recognizes automatically the lsd files of my dictionaries stored in ABBYY folders, so I can use them on different readers as well, not only on default Onyx readers.
When you long press on a word in one of the default onyx readers, do you get a popup from the default onyx dictionary or the lingvo dictionary ?
medwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:40 PM   #512
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
When you long press on a word in one of the default onyx readers, do you get a popup from the default onyx dictionary or the lingvo dictionary ?
If I select a word in the text and after I click on "Dictionary" botton (Neo Reader, OnyxReader) I can see automatically the meaning of the word directly in full screen mode on Lingvo dictionary.

Last edited by cicabum; 10-29-2015 at 03:18 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #513
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Even after selecting english-gb dictionary you get what appears to be a Chinese/English translation dictionary - is that Lingvo?

Last edited by EldRick; 10-28-2015 at 05:58 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #514
medwatt
Zealot
medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.medwatt knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Even after selecting english-gb dictionary you get what appears to be a Chinese/English translation dictionary - is that Lingvo?
That is exactly what I got. Even after selecting Lingvo as the default, English/Chinese OnyxDict continues to appear ! So, what's the point then of installing Lingvo if Goldendict is freely available ?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 AM   #515
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
If I select a word in the text and after I click on "Dictionary" botton (Neo Reader, OnyxReader) I can see automatically the meaning of the word directly in full screen mode on Lingvo dictionary.
Have a look at the screenshots :-)

Note: I don't know if the last firmwares work in different way. I use an old firmware (20141014)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	143263   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	143264   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	143265  

Last edited by cicabum; 10-29-2015 at 03:28 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:03 AM   #516
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
SOLVED : Orientation / Rotation to Landscape / Portrait mode ?

Hi Folks how do you quickly go into landscape / portrait mode ?

I tried the "Set Orientation" or "Rotation Lock Adaptive" apps as mentionned earlier by dlcmdrx & Simn https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49#post3173149 but these don't seem to work for me ...
... maybe I missed something very simple ...
... otherwise I can go into onyx ereader apps and control screen orientation from there but it is not really direct ...

SOLVED by installing "Rotation Control Lite" as mentionned by DoctorWkt here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...on#post3098791 (this is not really optimized as it I need to exit it after choosing the orientation but is better than going into onyx ereader apps ...)

Last edited by pierro78; 10-31-2015 at 04:20 AM.
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:33 AM   #517
altimeuler
altimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox i86 HD ML
Hi,

I'm looking for an ereader that is able to read manga scan.
How is this device perform for this task ? Is the screen good (and big) enough ?

Thank you for your opinions
altimeuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:37 AM   #518
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimeuler View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for an ereader that is able to read manga scan.
How is this device perform for this task ? Is the screen good (and big) enough ?

Thank you for your opinions
This is what I use it for.

Name:	20150821_132108_zpsddf5e6in.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	143343

Name:	20150821_132010_zpsclrjoamg.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	143344

Name:	20150916_120047_zpssxdsqqlx.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	143345

My cell phone camera isn't the best but this should give you an idea.
It's great in direct sunlight. It's decent in normal lighting.
You may still want a tablet for color manga, they don't look as good in grayscale.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #519
altimeuler
altimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshesaltimeuler can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thank you for your impressions.
Is it big enough ? Is it smooth enough ?
I only have mangas in black and white.
Would you recommend it to me ?

Thank you
Old 10-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #520
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by altimeuler View Post
Thank you for your impressions.
Is it big enough ? Is it smooth enough ?
I only have mangas in black and white.
Would you recommend it to me ?

Thank you
I highly recommend it.

Comicrack will turn off the menu bar at the top without needing a separate app.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:13 PM   #521
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
i86's are available both New and Used at amazon.com...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #522
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi,

I'm having hard time deciding if I should get i86+ or not, currently I have a Kindle Voyage, and I use it to read pdf in landscape mode, I'm not sure how much difference an 8" screen will make. Could someone who uses 6" and 8" ereader give me an advice please? I mostly read math books.

It would have been easier for me if something like the M96 had higher resolution and weighed less, or that Sony one costed half of it's current price

Thanks!
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #523
medwatt
Zealot

I promised before I received my i86 that I'll make a video that shows PDF page turning. Well, here it is !!

Last edited by medwatt; 11-01-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #524
altimeuler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I highly recommend it.

Comicrack will turn off the menu bar at the top without needing a separate app.
Thank you for your answer.
One last question. Which format do you use ?
PDF ? CBZ ? Or just images (png or jpg...) in a folder ?
Old 11-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #525
allochi
Connoisseur
allochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animalsallochi is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post
I promised before I received my i86 that I'll make a video that shows PDF page turning. Well, here it is !!
Ok, Ok, forget about the i86, what is the name of that valse in the video , it's wonderful.

and thanks for the video!
allochi is offline   Reply With Quote