Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2015, 11:16 PM   #1
Meems
Meems began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1 having 'The application content manager has stopped unexpectedly.'

for the last 2 days, when I turn on my reader, I've been getting 'The application content manager has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' This happens right when the reader is loaded and into the home page. Now I can not even charge it nor connect it to the computer.

It stared when I was updating my reader with new boxes. But I always format memory before I re-load my new ebook collection. I usually transfer about 1,000 - 2,000.

I have tried to reset it with a pin. Restore defaults. I even tried to hard reset it but it won't work as once the reader loads into the homepage, that message pops up.

Please help, I'm dying here without my reader.

Thank you
Meems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Meems

can anyone help me?

A little more information update.

After the message 'The application content manager has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.', I would press okay and usually a 'forced close' box would pop up right after but now it doesn't even do that.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:15 AM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
I had this issue with two different T1's I think it's just not cut out for a large library I'd generally get it when trying to view the library not right away but after flicking few a few pages of titles.

I don't think there is any real solution it's my opinion the hardware isn't up to it, I tended to have to browse my library on calibre beforehand work out what I wanted to read and search for the book I wanted.

Sorry to say the T1 put me off eink readers altogether, when I did use it I'd keep the book count to under 2,000 and keep everything on the Micro SD which I could remove if a book gave the reader issues.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:09 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
2,000 eBooks is way too many at one go. The T1 will take a long time to process them. The T1 processes all the eBooks when it;s restarted. So if you don't read with your T1 for say 3 days, it will shut off and when you turn it back on, the T1 has to process those eBooks all over again. It's not worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
Meems

Thank you JSWolf for you reply.

I have either added 1,000 - 2,000 since I got the reader a few years ago and I had never had this problem before.

Once it a while it would freeze but after a reset the problem is fixed.

Your post doesn't help me solve the problem. But once again thank you for your reply.