Notices

Old 04-27-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Unhappy Bad metadata being downloaded

Hi,

Recently moved to a Win8.1 machine from a WinXP one. Also moved to 64-bit v2 version of Calibre. That all went very smooth.

However, as I've been adding books in the 64bit v2 Calibre I've notice that bulk downloading of metadata seems to return closer to 100% hits than v1 did. But that some of the hits are incorrect. And not just by a little either.

For example
Code:
		Original / Downloaded
Title: Darkness on a Pale Blue Stone / Stone Age Alpha
Author: D.T. Peterson / Edward N. Peterson
Identifiers: mobi-asin:B00BEBGYX6 / isbn:0952699818
Just downloaded metadata for 10 books, and 4 out of 10 including the example above had wrong metadata downloaded.

If I go back and download the metadata individually from the "Edit Metadata" screen, I can see and select the right set of metadata.

Is there anything I can do to better ensure the right meta data is downloaded. Or at least, that the wrong metadata is not. I've been making use of the "review downloaded metadata". Which is helpful, but I'd rather not get anything instead of a mismatch.

Thanks!
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Check what metadata sources you have enabled. With the builtin ones of only Amazon and Google I get correct results for that particular book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I have:
Amazon
Goodreads
Google
ISBNDB
Open Library

I can remove some of the others I guess..

But that seems extreme....

Is there some way to adjust at minimum, the priority? Or better yet, anyway to configure how calibre choose which source to use?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Check what metadata sources you have enabled. With the builtin ones of only Amazon and Google I get correct results for that particular book.
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You tell calibre which ones you prefer by disabling the ones you dont want it to use. You dont need to remove them, simply disable them temporarily.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, bulk metadata