Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #1
JMV
university reader
JMV began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA H2O
Question Bookmarks sync between KOBO reader and Kobo desktop

Hello,
i have just bougth a Kobo aura H2O, because I have to make a big work of writing, and I have to read a lot of books.
I was thinking that a reader could help me, but I am disappointing.

There is no synchronisations of bookmarks between the reader and the desktop. That's incredible.
So, thinking of a way of being more confortable working on reader and laptop for bookmarks, it is not possible.
I have send a Email to Kobo, and they say that this functionnality is not available.
But if I read the manuel, and if I look the program working I can see "bookmarks synchronisation".
If someone can help me, I will be be very happy
JMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Yes, there is synchronisation of bookmarks between the Kobo desktop app and the ereaders. And the iOS and Android apps. But they are only synced for books purchased from Kobo and downloaded to the device or app from the Kobo servers.

There was a little discussion on this recently in Kobo Annotations sync not working which prompted a question about the iOS app.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #3
JMV
university reader

Many thanks,
It is incredible that for business we can't get the same use of a book.
This [language edited out - MODERATOR] must go.
Somedy in a post talk about a plug in call "Tsheding", I can't find it.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-27-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
JMV
university reader

Ok Ifind it!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #5
tk421
tk421 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If you can get your sync to work between your Kobo purchased books, then you are pretty lucky!

I have done all I could, to no avail. The bookmarks are NEVER synced, and notes and highlights only sync between my two iPhones. My Kobo Aura HD and Desktop apps will only sync sporadically.

Kobo is a horrible mess. They are a buggy and unreliable service, and with the lock in you get in the DRMed ebook world, I just cannot recommend buying into their ecosystem. Their big ereaders are beautiful, which got me suckered into their service. But it doesn't work.

I'm sad to say that Kobo is a horrible, horrible company. I wanted to support the little guy. Well, my life is too short to have to deal with this.

If anybody has a way to make this sync work, then please enlighten me. Otherwise I'll have to go the Kindle route. Sync works beautifully on Kindle! Annotations even sync in color!

Anyone care to help?
tk421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo desktop suck!!
Only available for kobo ebooks, and lacing a lote features like weight, bookmarks...
After you finshed reading from kobo desktop sync it and logout, open your kobo H2O sync it, and you can continuing reading from the same page.

Last edited by oren64; 04-03-2015 at 11:07 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:22 AM   #7
JMV
university reader

Hello,
For me one lesson is enough.
Kobo books are readeable only on Kobo .
Kindle book are only readeable on kindle.

Culture and sciences are universal and not link to a product.

So I will definitly use a DRM removal program, and use Calibre to centralized all my Ebooks, and work on it.
When I bougth a book, I can read it everywhere, there is no a bedroom, or kitchen or metro version.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMV View Post
Hello,
For me one lesson is enough.
Kobo books are readeable only on Kobo .
Kindle book are only readeable on kindle.

Culture and sciences are universal and not link to a product.

So I will definitly use a DRM removal program, and use Calibre to centralized all my Ebooks, and work on it.
When I bougth a book, I can read it everywhere, there is no a bedroom, or kitchen or metro version.
Not sure what you mean--but you are correct--Kobos read certain formats and Kindles read certain formats. If you remove DRM, it is trivial to convert books from one format to the other.

Regarding buying a book and reading it everywhere--you can also do that with a Kindle or a Kobo--you can read on your Kobo in your bedroom, in your kitchen, on the metro...there's no special version of a Kobo that only works in the bedroom
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Regarding buying a book and reading it everywhere--you can also do that with a Kindle or a Kobo--you can read on your Kobo in your bedroom, in your kitchen, on the metro...there's no special version of a Kobo that only works in the bedroom
I think JMV means that he/she doesn't have dedicated ereaders for each of the locales stated.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark, desktop, sync