Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
"Network Error" when using Send to Kindle

For at least the past month or more, I have been unable to send any documents to Kindle, as I immediately get a "Network Error Occurred" error message. I formerly had no problems, but lately I have not been able to use it at all. I contacted the Help desk today, tried a couple things they suggested (such as unplugging router, rebooting, etc) but still received the same error message, which unfortunately provides no additional details.

From searching the Amazon help forums, this appears to be a rather common problem, but Amazon didn't have a ready solution. Has anybody here been able to resolve this problem? Note I'm using Windows 7. As a workaround, I have emailed documents to my Kindle, but obviously Send to Kindle is more convenient since it also archives the "documents".

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
You should update root certificates from Microsoft website - rootsupd.exe

You can find direct link here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-5d719ec2d6de

Last edited by dimasic; 10-15-2013 at 10:41 AM.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Dimasic- That took care of the problem. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm surprised Amazon didn't know about this quick fix. At any rate, the problem seems to have been solved.

Thanks again.
SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
It's not the Amazon's problem, but the problem for Amazon-Windows users with Microsoft Windows updates.

As I understood, 12 September the Amazon's certificate became outdated. The new one was signed with Root Certificate, which was issued this summer or so. But for some reasons Microsoft didn't sent an update of Root Certificates. So the connection between StK and Amazon's server became impossible and we've got the "Network error message".

Sorry for my English.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimasic View Post
As I understood, 12 September the Amazon's certificate became outdated. The new one was signed with Root Certificate, which was issued this summer or so. But for some reasons Microsoft didn't sent an update of Root Certificates.
For reasons beyond my understanding Microsoft's root certificate updates are listed as 'optional', so automatic update installation does not install them. (Who would care about revocation of certificates that were fraudulently used or stolen, anyway? What do you want, actual security?)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimasic View Post
You should update root certificates from Microsoft website - rootsupd.exe

You can find direct link here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-5d719ec2d6de
Thank you, i've had this problem too. I downloaded the update manually and added it to the appropriate windows folder on my pc and it all works fine now.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been in contact with Amazon CS about this issue and directed the, to this thread. Today I got this email

"We apologise for the problem you have experienced with Send to Kindle for PC. Just to let you know, we have released a new version of this application that should fix the problem for you.

To get the new version of this application, click on the following link to start the download: http://s3.amazonaws.com/sendtokindle...ler-v1.0.1.237. After the application has downloaded, open it to begin the installation."

I don't need to test it as I've loaded the updated roots manually, but I thought I would mention it here.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have had this problem on my netbook running XP, but not on my desktop running 7. I might try doing that send to kindle update first to see if they really fixed it on amazon's end. I'll do that a bit later when I fire up the netbook.

Now if that doesn't work, that link given to the root thingy says windows 7, so I guess that wouldn't work for my XP machine anyway. So maybe my issue is a different issue then.

eta: Ok, so I went to amazon to get the new send to kindle and the install file number was the same I already had. But I went ahead and re-installed it anyway. Before I did that I tested one more time and I still had gotten the network error.
So I re-installed and it asked to accept the policy and after that it worked. So this seems to have fixed it for me.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Atunah; 10-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

The guy I spoke to at Amazon said he hoped the 'techies' could do something to change things back to before Microsofts change, so maybe they did.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:54 AM   #10
ali6262
ali6262 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Hi
I can not transfer web pages to my Kindle Paperwhite using send to kindle.
Please help me ......

Last edited by ali6262; 03-29-2015 at 06:51 AM.
ali6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:31 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Send-to-Kindle is claiming it doesn't have a network connection... so, do any other programs have an internet connection? It is possible, for instance, your antivirus is blocking it.

If you use calibre you can use its send-to-email feature as well. Might work better, it is certainly easier with calibre to figure out what goes wrong!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #13
ali6262
ali6262 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Send-to-Kindle is claiming it doesn't have a network connection... so, do any other programs have an internet connection? It is possible, for instance, your antivirus is blocking it.

If you use calibre you can use its send-to-email feature as well. Might work better, it is certainly easier with calibre to figure out what goes wrong!
I don't have any antivirus installed on my laptop!
I didn't know if Calibre is able to send web pages to kindle... I should check it out
Thanks
ali6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:43 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali6262 View Post
I don't have any antivirus installed on my laptop!
This is extremely unwise.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote