Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #1
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Well then. Well-played, Kobo Arc!

I managed to score an Arc for super cheap, and oh god how I wish this is what I had opened when I bought the Vox. I love this thing, everything about it. Its a great tablet, great occasional reader, and takes most android apps. I do find it weird that some apps are listed as incompatible with the device, but then work when sideloaded, but cie la vie. Great machine.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Yeah, totally in agreement with you. Actually, I'm not sure if you mean the Arc 7 or newer, or the original... I have an original and I LOVE my Arc! Found a super deal on a 64GB model a few months ago ($99!) and couldn't resist. I didn't know anything about them and wasn't sure about it at the time, but figured I'd have the 14-day return period...but I have been very pleasantly surprised with it and it is now my go-to tablet vs. my full-sized iPad!

And yes, I've just this past week come across the app incompatibility thing which is odd because I can load the newest game in that series directly from the Play store, but apparently not the first one (several years old). My biggest bug-bear is that the Arc doesn't seem able to handle the graphics in Minion Rush, which is a shame (sounds like the Kindle Fire has the same problem).

Last edited by teija; 09-05-2014 at 03:18 PM.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
original arc is very underpowered for graphic intensive games. as a reader and basic internet browser it is ok.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Well as I said before, my only complaint so far is that I can't play Minion Rush. My hubby's old Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 couldn't play Minion Rush either (too laggy) so it is not just the Arc. But the Arc works fine for the rest of what I like to do including Kindle, Zinio, Pinterest, Facebook (although won't play videos), Netflix and most other games so far. So, for the money, it was definitely a "win" IMO.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote