Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #1591
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Although I've installed lots of fonts in Koreader, I cannot change the default font at all. It seems it's been somehow hardcoded and I cannot change it at all. Any ideas?!
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #1592
Ebri
Groupie
Ebri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I have a kobo mini, so no sdcard here to test, but I found the DRM error in the internal storage too, every time I open a document from koreader and try to open it again with nickel without a reboot. The error always says DRM but all my documents are DRM free, and doesn't affect kepubs or pocket articles (or any other documents that I always open with nickel)

The sdcard issue seems odd to me, because koreader doesn't mount or umount any partition. In fact sdcard partition is mounted read-only in both nickel and koreader during normal operation (can be exported as rw with file storage gadget module, but this only happens if you're on nickel, connected via usb and you confirm that)
No USB connection, but I opened a file from the mSD card as all my files are there, so the DRM problem is probably the same. I think I will add reboot.png. as workaround .
Ebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #1593
Ebri
Groupie

Using embedded styles should also be disabled in the bottom menu.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #1594
Ebri
Groupie

ebrahimpak: you should disable original formatting in the bottom menu.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #1595
ebrahimpak
Zealot
ebrahimpak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD / Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebri View Post
ebrahimpak: you should disable original formatting in the bottom menu.
Thanks Ebri, that was a great help...:
ebrahimpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM   #1596
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to justify text in epubs in Koreader like something in the Ui as Kobo reader has ?

thanks

Last edited by exachillus; 09-02-2014 at 10:14 AM.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #1597
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrahimpak View Post
Thanks Ebri, that was a great help...:
I'm back. You might also check out the render style options.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #1598
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebri View Post
I also have SD card trouble, I run koreader from fmon, runs flawlessly, but after exit nickel doesn't recognise the sd card, it must be taken out then inserted, so probably somehow it becomes unmounted. Can this be solved somehow? (Waiting for some seconds didn't help. Or I was too impatient.)

Update: after inserting SD card books can't be opened due to DRM, resolved only after power cycle.

(KOReader most recent, firmware 3.8.0)
fmon uses the koreader_kobo.sh that is in the koreader folder, to launch koreader. You could try adding udevadm trigger -t "/mnt/sd" to the script, using Notepad++.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #1599
gloriousglib
gloriousglib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue with search books (searching the calibre metafile). I am searching my external sd, and the first time I search for books on koreader, the list populates with all the books on my sd according to the database. But if I click on any of the books, I get a "does not exist" error. *This is after the sd card is loaded (I can browse sd card before running search, but still receive this error). After I receive this error, if I run search again, or even exit out of koreader and run search again, koreader closes (crashes) back to kobo start menu. The only way I've been able to search again is to reinstall koreader - which I tried several times - but then the cycle continues. Not sure if it's just something I'm doing, but I really hope I can get this working as I'm quite thrilled to have a search function!
gloriousglib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #1600
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
@gloriousglib, instead of reinstalling Koreader delete the temp folder within Koreader, or, and that might be the even better idea, sync the reader again with Calibre.
This temp folder and its content, a file called metadata.koreader, will be rebuild after the first search.
I wonder if your metadata.koreader file contains something "unexpected" that I should prevent, but since it is unexpected I don't know what to search for.

So when it crashes check the file crash.log and post its content.
And check the also the content of this metadata.koreader file, there should be a path to each book, is this really where the books are? In case you either moved that file or manually deleted books without Calibre being involved the search should lead to "file does not exist" (btw, it should actually tell you the complete filename and path which does not exist, another way to check if the data are correct), but in no case Koreader shpuld of course crash because of that.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:19 AM   #1601
Ebri
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
fmon uses the koreader_kobo.sh that is in the koreader folder, to launch koreader. You could try adding udevadm trigger -t "/mnt/sd" to the script, using Notepad++.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you, I will try it after I am able to restore the database. (By mistake I opened a kepub with koreader, which opened, but then opening the same kepub with nickel resulted in reading only the first three page and then a corrupted database. I corrected it using sqlite .dump command, but it didn't work (opening the first book resulted in reboot and asking for logging in again to kobo, and a database with no books in it.)
Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #1602
gloriousglib

Crash file

Thanks! Certainly deleting temp is much quicker lol. Here's the entry from the crash:
Code:
./luajit: frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:323: attempt to concatenate a nil value
stack traceback:
	frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:323: in function 'find'
	frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:227: in function 'close'
	frontend/apps/filemanager/filemanagersearch.lua:198: in function 'callback'
	frontend/ui/widget/button.lua:154: in function 'action'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:270: in function 'checkTasks'
	frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:296: in function 'run'
	./reader.lua:207: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	./koreader-base:22: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x0000bd85
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
@gloriousglib, instead of reinstalling Koreader delete the temp folder within Koreader, or, and that might be the even better idea, sync the reader again with Calibre.
This temp folder and its content, a file called metadata.koreader, will be rebuild after the first search.
I wonder if your metadata.koreader file contains something "unexpected" that I should prevent, but since it is unexpected I don't know what to search for.

So when it crashes check the file crash.log and post its content.
And check the also the content of this metadata.koreader file, there should be a path to each book, is this really where the books are? In case you either moved that file or manually deleted books without Calibre being involved the search should lead to "file does not exist" (btw, it should actually tell you the complete filename and path which does not exist, another way to check if the data are correct), but in no case Koreader shpuld of course crash because of that.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:58 PM   #1603
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
It's the second time I hear of this error, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce it.
Someone else even sent me his version of the metadata.koreader file that crashed his Kindle, but my Kobo takes it without problems (of course I can't open the books from his search file).
So again my question, are the paths of the files after the first search correct? Same for the paths in the metadata.koreader file in the temp folder. (actually this should be the same thing).
Btw, when exactly does it crash? I would guess after you entered something in the search mask and clicked on "Find books", or entered something or nothing and clicked on one of the two "Browse" buttons?
The error messages indicates that one of the paths of the books is empty, and this is for sure not the case in the example file I got from the other user, but maybe you can send me yours too? My username at hotmail...
Without further info I can't do anything
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #1604
gloriousglib

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
It's the second time I hear of this error, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce it.
Someone else even sent me his version of the metadata.koreader file that crashed his Kindle, but my Kobo takes it without problems (of course I can't open the books from his search file).
So again my question, are the paths of the files after the first search correct? Same for the paths in the metadata.koreader file in the temp folder. (actually this should be the same thing).
Btw, when exactly does it crash? I would guess after you entered something in the search mask and clicked on "Find books", or entered something or nothing and clicked on one of the two "Browse" buttons?
The error messages indicates that one of the paths of the books is empty, and this is for sure not the case in the example file I got from the other user, but maybe you can send me yours too? My username at hotmail...
Without further info I can't do anything
So I do get the crash after hitting the find books button - this doesn't happen the first time I search, but every subsequent time. The paths do line up correctly, however what I did is I copied the metafile and folders manually from my computer to my sd. I'm trying now to send the files directly from Calibre to the sd to see if that'll work (takes a while as I'm transferring 10,000 books lol).
Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #1605
embryo
Fanatic
embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Battery drainage

Did something concerning the power consumption, changed in the newer builds?
Sometimes, not very often, leaving the reader a night at suspend can cost me 30-40% of battery.
I'm using version 680 (I think it happened with 678 also).
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote