Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #9946
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I only once ended up buying a kepub, for which Kobo had to refund me. And I can't get obok to for me, which is quite maddening
I can't get it to work on Mac, could that be the problem? It works in windows.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #9947
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Here's a few more 75s.

75%
BSLJFQ BTLT3A
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #9948
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for the all coupons, Penguin US is couponable at UK (at least the titles I want) and the coupons still work.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #9949
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Here's a few more 75s.

75%
BSLJFQ BTLT3A
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #9950
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I wonder if the codes will last until the 16th... there's a Baen book coming out then I want. It's a long way off, but I can hope.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #9951
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
They usually last only a week after the end of the contest.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #9952
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I can't get it to work on Mac, could that be the problem? It works in windows.
It's Windows, alright. The problem I'm having is a known error but I can't seem to get help for it. I've given up for now. I just do my best to avoid buying kepubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I wonder if the codes will last until the 16th... there's a Baen book coming out then I want. It's a long way off, but I can hope.
I very much doubt it. They'll most likely expire by this coming Friday.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #9953
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
My experience is that kepub-only is neither common, nor increasing. Of 62 kobo purchases I've made since last December, only 4 didn't have a download option after I purchased them, and none in the past four months or so. Furthermore, I just went to my account on the kobo site and paged through my purchases and all but one now show a download option (so three of four such books were updated since purchase).
Similar experience for me, well over 200 ebooks bought from Kobo and yet to come across one without an epub download option.

Perhaps it is because I don't often buy new releases, and so if a book was missing an epub download option when it was first released, it has been fixed by the time I buy it.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #9954
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
My experience is that kepub-only is neither common, nor increasing. Of 62 kobo purchases I've made since last December, only 4 didn't have a download option after I purchased them, and none in the past four months or so. Furthermore, I just went to my account on the kobo site and paged through my purchases and all but one now show a download option (so three of four such books were updated since purchase).
I've had the opposite experience. The five kepub books I've purchased this year still show no download button. One is published by Grand Central (Hatchette) and the other four by St. Martin's Press (Macmillan).

Of course with obok it makes no difference whatsoever to me
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #9955
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Similar experience for me, well over 200 ebooks bought from Kobo and yet to come across one without an epub download option.

Perhaps it is because I don't often buy new releases, and so if a book was missing an epub download option when it was first released, it has been fixed by the time I buy it.
My experience is that kepubs are not common but definitely increasing. In the past 6 months, 3 of the 18 or so books I've bought were useless kepubs. And I wasted good coupons on them (note my mention of coupons to keep this thread on-topic).
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #9956
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Their search engine has been messed up lately--it's not just Dutch. If I search for author Rachel Aaron, I get her trad published books and can't see Nice Dragons Finish Last (one she self-pubbed). This has happened to me with a number of authors. I have a hard time getting them to show up unless I know the exact title. It only started happening in the last month or so. Granted, it is probably worse for you, but I've noticed that with authors who are translated I usually get ONE set of their books--and sometimes that is NOT English. I *know* they have the English version, but I have to hunt for it.
As I was saying...I just did a search for Misha Crews on Kobo this morning and this is what was returned:

Quote:
34 results for "hugh howey"

Search instead for: misha crews
I have NO IDEA WHY it decided to search for Hugh Howey when I put in Misha Crews. This is similar to what has happened to me when I put in various author names. Look, Mr. Kobo Search engine, if I am searching for Rachel Aaron, do not give me "Random author search instead." In the last month I ran into this problem A LOT because I search for authors for whom I KNOW coupons will work if they are on kobo. And for many of them I get back these weird, random results. It's stupid and annoying.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #9957
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I've noticed that you need to use quotes around your search term now to get proper results. Without them I get a flood of irrelevance, but with them it now works as it used to without them: Good hits first, less relevant ones below.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #9958
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I've noticed that you need to use quotes around your search term now to get proper results. Without them I get a flood of irrelevance, but with them it now works as it used to without them: Good hits first, less relevant ones below.
Well, I puffed out a great sigh of "That can't be right. I'm going to march over there and try it and prove you wrong."

Unbelievable. Misha Crews' books came right up whereas before, she wasn't even returned in the search at all. WTH.

for the tip!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #9959
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Well, I puffed out a great sigh of "That can't be right. I'm going to march over there and try it and prove you wrong."

Unbelievable. Misha Crews' books came right up whereas before, she wasn't even returned in the search at all. WTH.

for the tip!
The funny thing is that I only tried it after I had started writing my post, which was supposed to become a rant on how a search for Robert Duncan gave me 76649 hits starting with Nora Roberts, which made me think there were no e-books available by him, but found them by cutting down the results with the help of the categories, and what a stupid messed up thing that was...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #9960
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
The funny thing is that I only tried it after I had started writing my post, which was supposed to become a rant on how a search for Robert Duncan gave me 76649 hits starting with Nora Roberts, which made me think there were no e-books available by him, but found them by cutting down the results with the help of the categories, and what a stupid messed up thing that was...
It is messed up. Several authors come up just fine with no quotes. Misha Crews gets linked to Hugh Howey somehow??? WTH. That makes NO SENSE.

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals