Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
594 sold now btw
Just think how much they would be charging if you didn't want the SO model !!

HEY - They "give" you "free" shipping!

Man, I just gotta get into this game. Maybe I can get Amazon to "drop ship" for me.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Glue the back cover on, glue the bezel on, glue the battery in... Think of the money they saved on screws.

Ya know what I love about eBay? The morons...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290614926260
593 SOLD??? Tell me you're kidding.

On a Kindle Fire Demo listing: We bought it on eBay and didn't know how to change it to the complete version. (sigh)
OK, I think I can post an even better deal than those:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110998763730

Note: "never opened" == "battery never charged"

Plus shipping ($3.99) of course.

Last edited by knc1; 08-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Now THAT's a bargain.

Of course, it only counts if someone BUYs it.

I didn't catch that they were "Special Offers." That's just adding insult to injury.

Here's a question for ya... Say I buy an SO Kindle and pay to "unsubscribe" and then sell it to someone. Is it still a SO Kindle or is it now a normal everyday one? I know I'm not going to get my money back, but does Amazon get to collect $20 from every owner?
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Now THAT's a bargain.

Of course, it only counts if someone BUYs it.

I didn't catch that they were "Special Offers." That's just adding insult to injury.

Here's a question for ya... Say I buy an SO Kindle and pay to "unsubscribe" and then sell it to someone. Is it still a SO Kindle or is it now a normal everyday one? I know I'm not going to get my money back, but does Amazon get to collect $20 from every owner?
I haven't tested it, but in theory it will be a normal Kindle. The "SO" status is (read: should be) tied to the device's serial number, not to the currently registered owner.

But as said, I haven't tested it. You could easily check this by unsubscribing from the Special Offers, then unregistering the device and registering it to a friend's account. Interesting question though, so if anybody wants to try it out...

(rationale: Amazon sells both SO and non-SO Kindles without necessarily knowing their subsequent owner. So the only information they have for matching the "should it show ads?" status is the serial number)

Last edited by ixtab; 08-12-2013 at 06:59 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appliance, broken display, kindle 4, linux