Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
alecbings
alecbings began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Screensaver hack help please

Hello all, I have a NT no special offers Kindle 4 for which I am trying to load my own screensavers. I have looked extensively through the forum here and followed the instructions but have run into some problems:

1. I can run diagnostics on the device and enable usb networking but when I ssh as root or framework through terminal it returns the "connection error port 22".

2. When I sudo ssh as root or framework it will allow me to put in a password but does not accept 'mario' for framework or root and will not accept any of the 3 passwords generated by serial number website that frequently gets linked to here (I think it's because the firmware is 4.1 instead of 4.0).

3. I have read about cracking the pasword by extracting the shadow file or using the fiona wordlist that has also been linked to in these threads. Since I'm on a mac I figured out how to compile John the Ripper but I cannot figure out how to give it the fiona wordlist.

Whatever suggestions or step by step instructions you can give me will be much appreciated. I have access to a pc through vmware if that would make this process easier.

Thank you for your time.
alecbings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
1) Get this fixed before trying anything else.
nmap (available for any of the host OSs which you did not mention) will help, as will as getting the IP addresses of BOTH ends of the cable correct.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I usually wire it up wrong and end up pointing to my own machine :P

did you try your PC's password in that box...

If I had a nickel for everytime I had done that... (I have at least 25c by now)

Sounds like a config fubar at this point
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak kindle, kindle 4 nt, screensaver hack