Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
zorro101
zorro101 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
A Very Perfect (for MobileRead) Freebie (Nook/Smashwords)

This weekend BN.com sent out an email featuring a novel called The King of Pain. It had great reviews, but I wanted to see if the author had written anything else, so I clicked on the name and there was a free short story from the book called The Gizless Days of Thomas Binder. I see that Amazon is selling it for $.99.

It is a classic piece of dystopian fiction about a kid who is sentenced to 6 months without his "Giz," his mobile device. Since so many people who come here are interested in devices, I thought users might be interested. This was a pretty great story about the future of devices. The author is pretty cynical--you get the sense he loves old media. But it's a great, very literary, thought-provoking teen romance about the future.

Last edited by zorro101; 08-13-2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: didn't specify nook "owners"
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/173500
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Gak! 6 months without my gizmo?! They'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devices, nook, sci-fi, teen romance