Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 06-03-2005, 01:49 AM   #1
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
What do you guys iSilo?

By popular demand...based on a recent thread re: AvantGo, I'd be curious to kmow what you guys convert with iSilo?

I've converted several documents for one time use only, but these are the channels I have for regular conversion.

Your turn.
POL9A

P.S. I've edited the .IXL file to remove the scheduled conversions. Good idea, I hadn't considered it initially.
POL9A
Attached Files
File Type: ixl Frequent iSilo's.ixl (186.8 KB, 2365 views)

Last edited by Pride Of Lions; 06-03-2005 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Uploaded newer file.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #2
gbuergisser
gbuergisser began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
You should remove the scheduled conversion before posting your ixl file...
After I opened you ixl file I had to remove the scheduled conversion from the Windows "crontab" (or however it's called in the english Windows version).
Old 06-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
What do I iSilo? Pretty much any "news"-type Web article I want to look at later. Also, any etext/book with information I may want to bookmark to refer to later.

Though my purchase of the RepliGo converter has diluted that somewhat. Now I can more easily carry PDFs (and make notes and bookmarks in them). I've found sometimes I've been converting some Web articles with lots of images into RepliGo instead of iSilo, because iSilo always wants to compress the images. But I still find I'm using iSilo as my primary reader app.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Feel free to upload your own examples. It'd be cool to see what other people are getting into.
POL9A
Old 06-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Here's what I had set up when I was on Pocket PC. Haven't done daily clipping on my Palm yet. Will probably wait for the Sunrise Viewer for that.

Remember if you post your ixl to remove any personal info, like username/password info that might be in your urls!

You may need to enlarge the window to see the text. I used the prefixes to keep things straight, and REF in the url is because I didn't want to sync that one after the first time because it was a static reference work that only needed to be sync'd once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clips.JPG
Views:	901
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	677  
Old 06-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
My personal collection is a bit of a mess. This is because I keep the channels that no longer work as a reference. So please bear with me and take what's useful for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	678  
Old 06-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
BTW, Anyone notice that some of my favorite sites are missing from iSilo?! Oddly enough, I don't have any reason to keep my favorite sites like Palm Addict and Engadget and Slashdot on an iSiloX feed because I don't clip and sync enough.

I like to read those sites throughout the day every chance I get, but I really only update my iSiloX info once a day.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:38 AM   #8
hank
Dinosaur
hank began at the beginning.

Device: Clie TH55, SJ30, VisorEdge, Palm3xe
fiction!

Baen Free Library books, among others, work nicely