Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Question Is there a way to save/backup shelf data?

Is anyone aware if there is a way to save shelf data?

My Wife has a lot of books installed on her Nook Tablet, all neatly organized into shelves. My concern is if her NT ever starts acting up or for whatever reason, and we need to perform a factory restore, all the work she put into this organization will be lost and need to be redone. Is there a way to back this information up so that, upon performing a factory restore, she could just restore this information as well, and not need to rebuild her shelve manually?

Thanks.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unfortunately, not that I've seen. I keep hoping B&N will add this feature. I've gone through an built up a number of shelves, and re-building them would be a pain.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
jhittle
jhittle began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
The shelf concept for the nook is very half baked the only shelf i use is [done] where i place books that i have finished reading so when i sync with Calibre i can update the have read metadata.
jhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
There isn't any way, with the stock software, to backup your shelves. If you want to backup the shelves (or any other data you can't access when connecting to the PC), currently your only option is to root and install a backup app, like Titanium Backup.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
There isn't any way, with the stock software, to backup your shelves. If you want to backup the shelves (or any other data you can't access when connecting to the PC), currently your only option is to root and install a backup app, like Titanium Backup.
We have that. I'm not certain what to backup though. Backing up the whole unit would sort of defeat the purpose as, if there were problems and we needed to reset to fix them, restoring from a recent full system backup would likely just copy the problems over. Anyone have any ideas where the shelf data is stored so that we could backup only the relevant files?

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote