Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
javamaan
javamaan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb Best price for new Nook STR $70!!

Ok folks IMO this is the best deal.

Target has a sale where in they are selling Nook Color and Nook STR for $199 and $99. If you buy it for next couple of days they are also giving you $30 GC.

I bought Nook STR for $99 +tax - $30 target gift card.

You can get Nook color for $199 +tax - $30 target gift card.

The next best price on BF by best buy for $80.

Considering you can get a refurb Nook str for $79+tax, i think Target price is great.
javamaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
lachyzee
lachyzee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
FYI, this is an even better way to get that deal:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3585930

Nook Simple Touch $80 AC (plus about $5 shipping) and get back a $30 GC at Target
Target is selling the Nook Simple Touch for $99 and offering a $30 GC with the purchase. Offer expires 11/23/2011 at 11:59pm ET.

http://www.target.com/p/Barnes-and-N...0/-/A-13758165

You can have the $7 discount coupon applied to your cart by clicking the first link at this page: http://www.dealcatcher.com/target-coupons

After you add the $7 coupon, click this link to add the $5 coupon: http://www.a2zdeals.com/frame/23030

After you add the $5 coupon, you can go through Mastercard Marketplace link to get ANOTHER $7 off. You DON'T need a Mastercard to sign up. http://www.marketplace.mastercard.co...6/uSource/CPTS - Thanks to sadida for this info. You can rep him here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/show...stcount=96

After you do all that, don't forget 10% cashback with ShopDiscover (since the Mastercard discount is automatically applied to the order, you can use your Discover card to pay and get the Discover discount as well!)
lachyzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
I paid $88.82 for the NOOK STR including shipping and tax BEFORE the $30 gift card. Didn't need this thing at all but who cares at that price. I'll buy an amazon gift card with the target gift card and use it for my kindle fire.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
I was able to get it for 87 and with the $30 gift card that means I got the touch for $57. I was debating about buying this or the kindle touch for my mom, but this price made the decision for me. Now I just hope my mom doesn't buy one for herself *sigh*
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
I'm debating (it's currently in stock at some of our Targets still). I have two Kobo WiFis I got at a Borders liquidation for $50 each, one for me, and one for my mother in law (Christmas presents to each other).

However, since she gets flummoxed by technology (she's smart, she just has herself convinced that she tech is too complicated), I'm wondering if I should grab the Touch for her. The Kobo is admittedly clunky on interface and slower on page turns. She wants an ereader just for reading library books (the Kindle would be a little simpler, but she doesn't want ads or emails bugging her to buy). I wonder if I should stick with the $50 Kobo, or get the STR.

I'm tempted to grab it at that price + GC, keep it boxed, talk it over with the fiance, and I can either return it for a refund, or keep it and wind up selling the pretty much unused WiFi (only updated and loaded books on it). Of course, I'm worried about reports of the touchscreen going buggy.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
I have two Kobo WiFis I got at a Borders liquidation for $50 each, one for me, and one for my mother in law (Christmas presents to each other).

>snip<

I'm tempted to grab it at that price + GC, keep it boxed, talk it over with the fiance...
You have a mother-in-law and a fiance???
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Sorry, I just refer to her as my mother in law because adding to be after it just gets clunky.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Sorry, I just refer to her as my mother in law because adding to be after it just gets clunky.
Whew...
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
was able to get all the discounts applied on my second try. Earlier in the day the Nook disappeared from my cart when it went back into "store only" mode.

got shipping confirmation this morning. 59 bucks and change for me with our high sales tax.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
while I would have loved to save even more like some of you did, I am just tickled to have my Nook at that Target deal at all. I read it about it with only hours to go here on MobileRead and my family and I got one with half an hour to closing ....and we used the card on another family's member's Christmas present we knew wasnt likely to be on sale anyway. So win-win! Thanks!
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook str, target