Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Device: Sony Touch Reader PRS-650
Sony and IPod touch...how disappointing

I have purchased books that I have purchased (vs borrowed from library) from several places including B&N, Kobo, Amazon and Sony store. I just got an IPod Touch 4G a few days ago and I was able to download apps for everything EXCEPT the Sony Store! So I can get all my books EXCEPT borrowed and those purchased in the Sony store on my IPod Touch.

Very disappointed that Sony can't seem to work it out to get us an App when apparently all other Ebook stores have....esp since quite a few of my purchases have taken place in the Sony store

Any other way I can get my Sony purchased books and mags onto my Ipod touch?
kelliedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliedn View Post
Any other way I can get my Sony purchased books and mags onto my Ipod touch?
Sony's books use standard Adobe Adept DRM so you should be able to read thm with Bluefire.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sony's books use standard Adobe Adept DRM so you should be able to read thm with Bluefire.
If it's jailbroken, then go with txtr as Bluefire crashes iOS when you exit if jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it's jailbroken, then go with txtr as Bluefire crashes iOS when you exit if jailbroken.
I just installed the free 'Backgrounder' (via Cydia) and that solved the crashing when you exit Bluefire.

@kelliedn - It's just a bit more hassle (having to transfer books via the computer) but it's possible to read the Sony books via Bluefire (or txtr). I do that on my iTouch and it works well.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote