Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
moonman272
moonman272 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3 Clone (BeBook)
V3 / BeBook does not see any files on either SD or Internal memory

Hello guys,
So my BeBook (Hanlin V3 clone) is having issues.

It is currently running Tirwal 2.7, currently set to the lbook firmware.

The issue is that no files show on either my internal memory or SD card, only the "recent items" folder teasing me. It does recognize that there is an internal memory, and it also recognizes when I add or remove the SD Card, but does not display any items currently on them.

I have tried re-flashing but it gets stuck at "CHecking Update Data Please Wait" and does not proceed, most likely because it does not see anything on the card.

Any ideas guys? =/

**EDIT: I have also tried reformatting the card using the HDD low level formatter, and used multiple memory cards. I even bought two more last night, and my reader cant see anything on either of them

Last edited by moonman272; 02-23-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added more info
moonman272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Try formatting your sdcard then take out the battery wait a few minutes then try.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
moonman272
moonman272 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3 Clone (BeBook)
@Dopedangel: No dice, tried a low level formatted card, completely cleared out, and popped battery off my reader and let it sit for a while. Started it back up and again when attempting to flash it, it just sits at the "Checking Update Data Please Wait" screen.
moonman272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
I had a lot of problems flashing. Basically it came down to this:

Changing the SD card.
Formatting the new one and copying the update files to it.
Flash crashes a bit further along the way.
Changing cards again. Flash with the new card.
After 15-20 attempts it finally flashed!

I don't know why the problem comes or why my tactric worked, but at the end I had a new FW.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote