Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
I know we've been awfully quiet, but we are still in the process of restructuring the business side of things, so I cannot give much insight on developments or release dates. But I can assure you that development of the firmware continues under IRX, and I continue to visit this place to keep up with community developments and assist where possible.
btw in the next firmware think about a fixed percentage zoom like in pocketbook devices
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #17
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
The 'problem' with the DR1000 is that at least some part of the device needs power to be able to detect your finger at the power-on touch-button. So there will always be some battery drainage (without a hardware patch). I do not know how much this would typically be and if the DR1000 is draining more then that.
So battery drained after a month would be 'normal' with the design of the DR1000, battery drain after a day is certainly a bug, but after a week might be in the grey-zone.
On my unit: 4% per day (24 hours). IMHO too much to be a great design, but very manageable. That's quite unlike that darn sudden drain: that is unpredictable and Murphy makes sure it often happens at the most inconvenient of moments . It seems to drain a full battery overnight (less than 12 hours). A fix for that would be the greatest asset a 2.0 firmware can offer me.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
the biggest problem is the complete boot process every time you want to use the dr1000. I'm booting 3 times a day - at the morning in the train, afternoon in the train and in the evening in bed. Every time I'm reading an hour or so. After 3 days, the battery is empty. Too often - my feeling.
I must confess that I'm looking for a PRS-950 replacing my DR1000. *sniff*
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
True. But at least I would be able to have the machine checked, and would be happy to pay whatever cost due to me to have it repaired. Well, it's no use talking about if-onlys.
We'll see if the new company will offer this type of service once they get back on their feet. I'm hopeful, but haven't seen anything definitive from them one way or the other regarding the DR800.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote