Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
frigger
frigger began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG-US
Alternate way to install development package

Hi, greatings from Norway!

I got my irex dr800sg yesterday and have been playing a bit with it. Then I decided to install some 3-parties software....
Guess what I can't connect to the 3g net across the atlantic There is no MAC address on the download page. Is there a alternate way to download and install the development package to get shell access?

Best regards
frigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Hm.. As I know there's no such thing for DR800. Just get a prepared third party software (FBReader etc), connect your DR800 to PC, unpack the software to <sdcard>/Programs/ , unmount from PC and voi la - you can run your new pieces! Follow the instructions, usually they are super easy.

This "unlock" is from iLiad era.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The "development package" is for the iLiad only, you don't need it for the DR800 or DR1000.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote