Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
Confession

Maybe I should have posted this in the Sony section....

I recently bought two Motorola Droid phones. One for me, one for the wife. To be honest, I really haven't looked at my PRS-505 since. I thought it would be difficult to transition to a small screen...LCD at that. Nope, no problem at all. I even linked mobileread's .epub section to a custom catalog within Aldiko so I can download books directly to my phone. My sister recently sent me a $25 Amazon gift certificate. I downloaded Kindle for Android and proceeded to purchase Jeff Carver's Sunborn as well as two Robin Hobb books for less than $7 each. Life is good.

My wife is hopelessly re-addicted to reading thanks to her Droid. She's currently going through the Twilight series and a frantic pace. She's even gone so far as to rave about the benefits of ebooks on her blog. She loves being able to read just about anything, anywhere, anytime on her phone.

I took my PRS-505 out of my daily carry bag a few weeks ago. I tried turning it on last night and noticed the battery was dead. I guess I should connect it to the charger, but I'm not too worried about it right now. Oh, and thanks to Pandora, I no longer carry an MP3 player around with me. Life is very good.

Last edited by kwjones; 09-09-2010 at 01:16 PM.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I replaced my mp3 player with my phone about three phones back. My husband just got a Droid X, and he loves reading on it. I don't know how he does it on a regular basis though, and it's not the LCD factor either. For me, it's the screen size. Up until last weekend, I was doing all my reading on an Asus T91MT convertible tablet. Last weekend I bought a Sony 600, though, and I've read two books on it already. I can switch back and forth without a problem, fortunately, so I guess it'll depend on where I'm at when I start a book which device I'll read on.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote