Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
schmads
schmads began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/Samsung P2/Samsung A900
Samsung YP-P2 Touch Screen MP3 Player as E-Book Reader

So, I saw something on Wikipedia about the newly released Samsung YP-P2 touchscreen mp3 player being an ebook reader. I was skeptical, but after some googling I found this youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZ6RktyBf9I

It looks pretty good to me. Now, I'm not sure on the resolution of the screen, format support, hackability or really anything like that, but I did a search on the mobileread forums and couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd post about it. If this is already mentioned somewhere, or should be in a different section, feel free to moderate me

Edit: On the Samsung site it is listed as supporting txt files, so I'm going to assume that's it. That's a pretty major limitation, but it still looks to be better than the Zune or iPod as far as I can tell.
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...XAA&fullspec=F

I also notice that I did stick this in the wrong section, it should be in Portable AV. Doesn't look like I can fix that myself, so if any mods happen to notice this, feel free to move it. I've been thinking about getting an ebook device, and getting a new mp3/video player to boot would also be nice, so if I pick this up, I'll post with my reactions.

Last edited by schmads; 10-23-2007 at 05:15 PM.